CleanTechnica is a team of approximately 50 people working our asses off to try to bring you useful, interesting, societally beneficial original analysis and coverage of cleantech news.
We don’t always get everything right. But we try. We don’t always cover the most important stories. But we try. We don’t always succeed in teasing out the most important elements and the most informative context. But we try.
You may have seen by now that we have new options for financially supporting CleanTechnica. We’re not throwing popups in your face every time you visit in order to try to harass you into subscribing, but it sure would be nice if you took a few moments to consider what CleanTechnica is worth to you and then spent a few moments more to initiate a monthly donation.
We offer a few benefits to monthly subscribers/supporters, but we’re about to start offering more in order to share our gratitude with you. We’re going to host weekly or monthly podcast chats with subscribers (frequency depending on interest). We’re going to start sending weekly dispatches — original op-eds and highlight reels. And we’re going to involve subscribers a bit in site decision-making.
We hope that’s enough to encourage you to contribute $3 or $7 or $10 or $100 a month, which could be very helpful in weening us off of advertising dollars and enabling more content and deeper content.
Sometimes, though, we understand it’s necessary to remind people of our worth. In the past couple of months, we have published numerous CleanTechnica exclusives, which includes breaking news as well as entirely original analyses. Here are some examples:
- The Osborne Effect On The Auto Industry
- Tesla Gigafactory 1 Timeline & Results — CleanTechnica Deep Dive
- That Time 1 Huge Tesla Shareholder Got Spooked & Sold 7% Of Tesla
- Tesla Model 3 = #1 Best Selling Electric Car in World, 7% of Global EV Market in 2018
- Tesla Model 3 Was #1 Top Selling Car In California In 2nd Half Of 2018
- Top 10 Best Selling Plug-In Vehicle Brands In 2019
- Top 10 Best Selling Fully Electric Vehicle Brands In 2019
- Boom! Fossil Vehicle Sales Are Officially Now Decreasing In China, Europe, & USA
- Why Excluding Nuclear, Fossils With Carbon Capture, & Biofuels From The Green New Deal Makes Financial & Climate Sense — #RealityCheck
- Deloitte EV Growth Report Ignores Tesla and Spreads FUD via Errors & Ignorance — Charts! #RealityCheck
- EV Safety Benefits — Crumple Zones, Rollover Results, Vehicle Control
- Gas Cars Have Much Higher Risk Of Fire Than Electric Cars — #CleanTechnica Report
- Roles Cities Can Play To Advance E-Mobility
- How Cities Can Support Successful EV Charging Networks
- Technical & Design Guidelines For EV Charging Infrastructure
- Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure: Guidelines for Cities
- EV Charging Usage Patterns: Convenience, Accessibility, & Reliability
- Electric Car Ownership’s Connection To Rooftop Solar & Energy Conservation
- 30 Nasty Tesla Charts
- Tesla Model 3 = #1 Best Selling Car In USA In Terms Of Revenue (4th Quarter 2018)
- Tesla Model 3 Is The #1 Best Selling Car In USA From An American Car Company
- Tesla Model 3 = #11 Best Selling Car in USA in 2018
- 1/5 Luxury Cars Sold in USA in 2018 = Tesla Model 3 or Tesla Model S
- Tesla Model S = 37% of Large Luxury Car Sales in 2018 in USA*
- Tesla Crushes Porsche & Jaguar Globally — 4th Quarter Sales Report
- Electric Vehicle Sales Up 130% In 2018, 210% In Q4 2018 — US Electric Car Sales Report
- US EV Sales Surpass 2% In 2018 — 9 EV Sales Charts
- Why Europe Beats USA Again In Electric Car Sales
- Tesla Model 3 Sales = 32% of All Small + Midsize Luxury Car Sales in December (USA)
- Tesla Sells 33% More Cars In USA In Q4 2018 Than In All Of 2017! 367% YoY Growth!
- Tesla Model 3 Used Car Stats As Depressing For BMW & Audi As New Car Sales
- Tesla Model 3 = Most Loved Car In USA — New Consumer Reports Owner Survey
- Tesla Q4 Financial Estimates — Tesla Will See Profits, Just Not As Much
- Tesla’s Insanely Awesome Growth Not Impressing People Who Expected Much Worse … Wait, What?
- Where In The World Is Jim Chanos? #Tesla #Pravduh #King
- “Tesla Killers” Lookin’ … Totally Tame — CleanTechnica Sales Charts
- 50 Ways To Slow The Electric Vehicle Revolution — A Complete Idiot’s Guide
- How Byton Is Using “Co-Creation” Early On To Catch Potential Problems & Innovate Further
- Abe Chen, Byton VP Of Security, On The Importance Of Security In Early Design Stages — CleanTechnica Interview
- Our Rivian CEO Interview: Answering America’s Need For Utility & Adventure Electric Vehicles
- Former Tesla VP Spins Up New Energy Company To Accelerate Solar Plus Storage
- A Conversation With WiTricity CEO Alex Gruzen
- New Tesla Shuttle Website For USA
- Tesla Supercharger Development In China — 5 Year Review & The Future
- Where Will Electrify America Drive “The Golden Spike?”
- BYD Sold Over 28,000 EVs In January — Will China See Over 50% Sales Growth Again This Year? — CleanTechnica Report
- China EV Forecast: 50% EV Market Share by 2025
- Our China × Cleantech reports
- Our Pravduh About Tesla reports
- Our China EV sales reports
- Our Europe EV sales reports
- Our Netherlands EV sales reports
- Our France EV sales reports
- Our Germany EV sales reports
- Electric Cars Are About To Absolutely Demolish Gasmobiles
- Extraordinary Storyteller Of The 21st Century — James Balog — CleanTechnica Interview
- Shuji Nakamura, Awarded Nobel Prize In Physics In 2014, Interviewed By CleanTechnica
- Solar Job Growth Optimism Explained — A #CleanTechnica Interview With Ed Gilliand, Senior Director Of The Solar Foundation
- What Changed In The Solar & Energy Storage Industries In 2018?
- What Changed In The EV Industry In 2018?
- Coming To America In 2019 — Compliance Cars Only
- A Conversation With Workhorse CEO Steve Burns
- New 38 kWh Hyundai Ioniq — Compared To Tesla Model 3 Standard & LEAF E+
- Open Letter To Toyota USA: Go All In On The Prius Prime, Kill The Regular Prius Hybrid
- 40,000 Miles With The 2018 Nissan LEAF
- Driving The Tesla Model 3 On Slippery Roads — Why It Rocks!
- Hyundai Kona EV Pricing = $36,450 to $44,650 — Best CUV Available?
- Hyundai Kona EV Wins 2019 CleanTechnica Car of the Year Award
- Hyundai Kona EV: There Is Almost No Reason To Buy A Gasoline Car Now — CleanTechnica Review
- Kia Niro EV Review — With 240 Miles Of Range, I Repeat: There Is No More Excuse To Not Own An Electric Car
- New Kia Soul Gets Official EPA Range Of 243 Miles (391 km) — Charts!
- Volkswagen Missed Its 2018 Electric Vehicle Goal (From 2010) By ~217,000 Units
- Tesla Model 3 Consumer Satisfaction In Germany — The Good & The Bad
- The Jeda Pad Adds Wireless Phone Charging For The Tesla Model 3 In A Slick Package
- EVRT Middle East Put Three EVs Head To Head In The Regeneration Challenge
- Tesla Flashbacks, Take 5
- Tesla News Flashbacks: 2009–2014
That work doesn’t come free. We have to pay writers, editors, admin people, and more. If you found any or all of that work useful, I hope you’ll consider chipping in to help us do what we do.
If not, no worries, we’ll keep doing what we do to the best of our ability and with the budget we score.
Don't want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.