World’s Top Cleantech Site
CleanTechnica is the #1 cleantech-focused website in the US and the world, reaching about 7million readers around the world each month.
Our work has been referenced by the New York Times, Washington Post, Slate, MSNBC, Think Progress, Reuters, Scientific American, and plenty of other media outlets. Some of the cleantech industry’s top CEOs, directors, founders, and board members read us regularly. And plenty of “common citizens” are also addicted to our site.
CleanTechnica strives to be (er… remain) the most indispensable website on the planet for cleantech news and commentary. We have been covering the cleantech industry obsessively since 2008 — before it was popular for mainstream media to dedicate blogs or subdomains to the topic.
Recognition from Around the Interwebs
The following are just some of the indications that we are a top site to follow or reference for cleantech news, facts, or commentary:
- CleanTechnica was featured on CNBC for one of the videos in CNBC and Harvard Business Review’s “Energy Opportunities” series. (Site director/editor Zachary Shahan was interviewed in CNBC’s London studios for this video.)
- Site director Zachary Shahan, due to his role at CleanTechnica, was named one of the top 20 fuel economy influencers in a Spring 2013 study, alongside President Obama, NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk, and several other car company executives and policy leaders.
- CleanTechnica won TreeHugger‘s 2011 Best of Green Reader’s Choice Award for Best Sci-Tech blog (the last year such an award was up for grabs).
- CleanTechnica was featured on Mashable for a series on “5 Startups Improving Society Through Technology” (CleanTechnica being one of the five, even though we are technically just one part of a broader startup).
- CleanTechnica consistently ranks near or at the top of Technorati’s “Top Green Blogs” ranking.
- CleanTechnica has been invited to Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week as “VIP Media” every year of its existence (it began in January 2013).
But What is Our Focus?
Technology-wise, our focus is solar power, clean transport, wind power, energy efficiency, and energy storage. However, we also get into many other topics — geothermal, hydropower, nuclear power, climate change, etc.
Overall, our top goals are to:
- Inspire people and help them to take cleantech action in their lives
- Share correct information on cleantech, including debunking widespread myths and horrible coverage in the mass media.
We want to be a useful site for the world and want to develop a strong, useful community of world citizens in order to help move humanity forward in a positive direction!