CleanTechnica is the world’s #1 source for cleantech news and analysis. It entertains and informs approximately 6 million monthly global readers along with hundreds of thousands of social media followers. It is followed by some of the biggest names in the cleantech world on Twitter, where it enjoys tens of millions of monthly impressions.
CleanTechnica’s work has been referenced by the New York Times, Washington Post, Slate, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, Think Progress, Reuters, Scientific American, and plenty of other media outlets. Some of the cleantech industry’s top CEOs, directors, founders, and board members read us regularly.
CleanTechnica has been covering the cleantech industry obsessively since 2008 — before it was popular for mainstream media to dedicate blogs or subdomains to the topic.
CleanTechnica Through The Years
The following are just some of the indications that we are a top site to follow or reference for cleantech news, facts, or commentary:
- 2011: CleanTechnica was featured on CNBC for one of the videos in CNBC and Harvard Business Review’s “Energy Opportunities” series. Site director/editor Zachary Shahan was interviewed in CNBC’s London studios for this video.
- 2011: CleanTechnica won TreeHugger‘s 2011 Best of Green Reader’s Choice Award for Best Sci-Tech blog (the last year such an award was up for grabs).
- 2012: CleanTechnica was featured on Mashable for a series on “5 Startups Improving Society Through Technology” (CleanTechnica being one of the five, even though we are technically just one part of a broader startup).
- 2013: Site director Zachary Shahan, due to his role at CleanTechnica, was named one of the top 20 fuel economy influencers in a Spring 2013 study, alongside President Obama, NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk, and several other car company executives and policy leaders.
- 2014: CleanTechnica consistently ranked near or at the top of Technorati’s “Top Green Blogs” ranking.
- 2015–2020: CleanTechnica has been closely read by titans of industry and science, such as Elon Musk (who has responded to or liked hundreds of CleanTechnica articles), Jeff Bezos, Mark Z. Jacobson, Michael Mann, and Frunkpuppy Earl.
- 2015–2020: The site has covered key events in cleantech in front row seats, from the Tesla Cybertruck, Roadster, Solar Roof, Model Y, and Model 3 unveilings to Xpeng, NIO, BYD, and Lucid Motors product launches to the Volkswagen ID.3 reveal.
In the past few years, CleanTechnica has also launched a podcast, CleanTech Talk; a YouTube channel, CleanTechnica.TV; and a research arm, CleanTechnica Research.
But What is Our Focus?
Technology-wise, our focus is solar power, clean transport, wind power, energy efficiency, and energy storage. However, we also get into many other topics — geothermal, hydropower, nuclear power, climate change, etc.
Overall, our top goals are to:
- Inspire people and help them to take cleantech action in their lives.
- Share correct information on cleantech, including debunking widespread myths and horrible cleantech coverage in the mass media.
We want to be a useful site for the world and want to develop a strong, useful community of world citizens in order to help move humanity forward in a positive direction! Contact us here with questions or comments.