Published on December 31st, 2017 |
by Zachary Shahan
#TeslaCities … German Solar Record … Tesla Model 3 vs 22 Competitors … (Top 30 CleanTechnica Stories of 2017)
December 31st, 2017 by Zachary Shahan
The year just wrapped up here in Europe. Below were the 30 most popular articles of the year here on CleanTechnica. Naturally, despite a slower production ramp than expected and planned, the big cleantech story of the year was the Tesla Model 3. However, no article about that car won the top spot. Surprisingly, the top spot was won by a piece I very quickly put together after almost deciding to go to bed instead. I think there’s really something to that article’s success, and I think Tesla would be wise to consider it — but that’s a discussion for another day.
A German solar energy record then swooped in and stole silver before the Tesla Model 3 took bronze with a story comparing its specs to the specs of 22 “competitors.” For the rest of the list, scroll down.
1. Tesla Plans To Build Entire City, Possibly Hundreds Of #TeslaCities
2. Germany Breaks A Solar Record — Gets 85% Of Electricity From Renewables
3. Tesla Model 3 vs 22 Competitors (The Straight Specs)
4. Low Costs of Solar Power & Wind Power Crush Coal, Crush Nuclear, & Beat Natural Gas (technically, this was published on December 25, 2016)
5. Tesla Model 3 vs Electric Competitors (The Straight Specs)
6. $10,492 Tesla Model S Maintenance Costs After 300,000 Miles, $0 Charging
7. Tesla Wins A Battle In Its War With Michigan
8. Tesla Model S Charging Cost After 17,000 km = $70
9. Tesla & Elon Musk Shock Australia — Superfast Energy Storage Installation
10. 6 Tesla-Owning Celebrities & Their Modified Teslas
11. SpaceX Employee’s Tesla Model 3 Delivery Update Hints At Quicker Than Expected Production (Maybe)
12. Tesla Blows Minds Deep In Kentucky
13. Tesla Model 3 Spy Shots Flooding Internet (44 Pictures)
14. Denmark Generated Enough Wind Energy To Power All Its Electricity Needs On Wednesday
15. What Now, Tesla Naysayers?
16. Electric Cars Are A Global Threat, Says Marchionne
17. Tesla Keeps Crushing, Chevy Bolt Keeps Climbing, Nissan LEAF Hangs In (US Electric Sales Report)
18. Tesla Superchargers vs … Ugh
19. $30,000 Off Price Of Tesla Model S P100D Or Model X P100D Showroom Cars This Month
20. 8 Seconds With First Tesla Model 3 Delivered Outside Of California — Austin, Texas [Update: Three Model 3 Videos]
21. How to Sleep in a Tesla Model S or Model X
22. How Does The Chevy Bolt Compare To The Tesla Model 3?
23. India’s Government To Purchase 10,000 EVs From Tata Motors
24. 504,000 Tesla Model 3 Gasmobile Competitor Sales In USA In 2016, & Why To Buy Them In 2018
25. UBS: Chevy Bolt Powertrain $4,600 Cheaper Than Thought, Tesla Model 3 Likely To Be Profitable
26. There Is An Epic Battle Happening Between Musk & The Tesla Haters
27. 1st Tesla Model 3 Book Is Superb — 3 Reasons Why
28. Tesla Model 3 Minimalism vs Buttons & Stuff
29. US Wind Industry Could Drive A Quarter-Million Jobs By 2020, Says Navigant
30. “Solar Ink” Spells More Bad News For Coal — From Trump Administration
In total, 23 of the top 30 CleanTechnica stories of 2017 directly related to Tesla — and perhaps one more if people accidentally read “Tesla Motors” instead of “Tata Motors” in article #23. 😉 That’s a far higher share for Tesla than the company has amongst our overall coverage (the 5,386 stories we published in 2017).
While we try to be driven fully by what we think is worth covering and sharing, not by clicks, I think we’d be wise to do a bit of a better job covering and creating Tesla stories more frequently, more quickly, and with more depth and analysis. Clearly, this is the company driving much of the EV industry and also the US solar and global energy storage industries. It’s thus the company that has the most reader interest. We’ll do a better job of getting you more, quicker, and better Tesla coverage in 2018 — along with ongoing and much deeper coverage of everything we think is hugely important in the broader cleantech world.
Support CleanTechnica’s work via donations on Patreon or PayPal!
Or just go buy a cool t-shirt, cup, baby outfit, bag, or hoodie.