Published on April 4th, 2014 | by Zachary Shahan63
7 Tesla Norway Facts That Will Blow You Away
April 4th, 2014 by Zachary Shahan
We published earlier today on the fact that the Tesla Model S was the top-selling car (of any type) in Norway in March, and that it actually broke an all-time monthly registrations record in Norway. However, I dug in a little bit to track down a Norwegian article on this news, and I found a bunch of interesting facts on Tesla’s success in Norway. Here are 7 awesome facts regarding Tesla in Norway:
- Starting with perhaps the biggest, Tesla set a new Norway monthly record for any individual car model last month. Its 1493 Model S registrations beat the 1454 registrations that the Ford Sierra logged back in May 1986.
- There have been more Tesla Model S’s registered in the first three months of 2014 than all of Ford’s models combined. 2056 vs 1825.
- The Tesla Model S accounted for 10.8% of car registrations in Norway in March (and 12.9% of registrations in the last week of March).
- So far this year, the Model S has accounted for 5.6% of car registrations (2056), more than any other model. (Next in line is the Volkswagen golf at 4.3%, or 1577 registrations.)
- Tesla’s March 2014 registrations were more than double the #2 VW Golf’s registrations. 1493 vs 624.
- There are already more Tesla Model S’s registered in 2014 than were registered in all of 2013 — 2056 vs 1983. (Granted, Model S deliveries began in Norway in August.)
- Despite having just one model for sale, Tesla is currently the #6 manufacturer in Norway in 2014 in terms of registrations.
While we’re at it, let’s give Nissan some love, too. Its fully electric LEAF has also taken the top sales spot a few times in Norway. So far this year, it is #3, just barely behind the VW Golf (1559 vs 1577). In March, it was #5 in new registrations (425), behind the Golf (624) and the fully electric VW e-Up! (444).
More must-read stories on Norway’s EV leadership:
Keep up to date with electric vehicle news and Norway cleantech news here on CleanTechnica. Subscribing to our electric vehicle newsletter or overall cleantech newsletter to never miss a story (they’re free!).
Check out our new 93-page EV report.
Join us for an upcoming Cleantech Revolution Tour conference!
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech daily newsletter or weekly newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.