This is the 20th broadcast of CleanTechnica’s weekly news show. We now also have a Patreon page! Contribute if you appreciate what we’re doing. This week’s show covers: Xpeng’s US IPO as well as a lot of details about the company and the two other main Chinese competitors in the EV space; EV sales in China, Norway (which had nearly a 50% pure EV market), and the world as a whole; Hyundai; the new Cadillac Lyriq EV (with some media insider info); and a lot more!
This is also the first weekly news show in which all stories have corresponding CleanTechnica articles, which can be seen below.
- Who Is Xpeng?
- Xpeng Files For IPO On NYSE — Looking Through Xpeng’s History
- Xpeng Motors Ready For IPO In USA
- NIO Deliveries Grew 322% In July 2020 vs. July 2019
- Norway Plugin Vehicle Market Share Now Over 68%
- Largest Floating Solar Park In Europe Connected To Grid In Netherlands
- Tesla Model 3 Success Convinces Hyundai To Accelerate Transition To Electric Cars
- Can The New Cadillac LYRIQ EV Reinvigorate The Cadillac Brand?
- BP To Cut Oil Production 40% By 2030, And Invest Billions Into Green Energy
- Tesla Windshield Wiper Confusion Across News Outlets — Widespread Misreporting Misleads
- Elon Musk Says “Highly Likely” Will Offer Smaller Tesla Cybertruck “Down The Road” For Europe
- EVBox Pushes Into DC Fast Charging With An Eye On The Software-Powered Future Of EV Charging
- Lucid Air Will Debut DreamDrive Lidar-Enhanced Autonomous Driving Suite
- SK Innovation Will Collaborate With John Goodenough On Solid-State Batteries
- Mercedes-Benz & CATL Team Up
I don't like paywalls. You don't like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it! We just don't like paywalls, and so we've decided to ditch ours. Unfortunately, the media business is still a tough, cut-throat business with tiny margins. It's a never-ending Olympic challenge to stay above water or even perhaps — gasp — grow. So ...
Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.