Published on June 15th, 2019 | by Zachary Shahan0
Tesla Model 3 Maintenance Costs … Toyota Surrenders To Tesla … VW Advertising EVs! — #CleanTechnica Top 20
June 15th, 2019 by Zachary Shahan
Yet again, before sharing the 20 most popular CleanTechnica articles of the past week, I’m going to force you to read my personal favorites from our pool of exclusives/originals. (Of course, if you are smart, you can just scroll past my favorites.)
Starting from the end of the week and working backwards, I have to recommend my 5-year cost of ownership comparisons between the Tesla Model 3 and Honda Civic.
As always, I love an EV sales report, and the Dutch market is about as interesting as it gets.
Kyle Field’s in-depth comparison between a Tesla Solar Roof (what he and his wife are getting) and other roof + solar options is fascinating and super useful, imho. That one’s a “must-read piece.”
Leading the week in terms of views, Paul Fosse’s dive into Tesla Model 3 maintenance costs over 5 years is well deserving of its pole position. Again, that one’s a must-read, imho.
Cynthia’s (my mom’s) on-the-ground report on Walt Disney World’s new 50-megawatt solar park is interesting an inspiring. I was surprised to find out that the solar park essentially powers two Disney theme parks. I was also surprised to read about the bees and flowers.
Charles Thurston tackled the interesting topic of Trina Solar testing half-frame solar panels in order to achieve a 2% cut in cost. (If you’re not aware, Trina is the world leader in solar panel production output.)
Even after laughing at the chart, writing about it, smiling many more times, as soon as I look at this “Tesla demand cliff” chart I smile again. I spent some time trying to add a bunch of useful context, as well.
Our report on several “11 Year Tesla Death Anniversary” events was perhaps my favorite piece, in part because of the wonderful, interesting, inspiring events people told us about (+ amazing photos!) and in part because it includes my latest EV presentation — in Curaçao at the launch of the nation’s official EV association.
Chanan Bos created a wonderful graph of Tesla analyst price targets for Tesla [TSLA]. It’s a superb illustration and discussion of the abnormality of Tesla analysis and stock price forecasts.
Mike Barnard contributed some fun facts and Chanan Bos illustrated them to put the scale of an average wind turbine today into some perspective.
And wrapping up this group of my favorite CleanTechnica exclusives and originals, it’s still stunning to me that Tesla already sells more vehicles globally each quarter than Porsche or Jaguar.
- Tesla Model 3 Maintenance Guide — Costs Even Lower Than I Thought!
- Toyota Plans To Lose To Tesla — Just 1 Million Electric Vehicles By 2025
- Volkswagen Does Something No Other Manufacturer Is Doing — Advertise Electric Cars
- Elon Musk At E3 — Fallout Shelter, Netflix, & YouTube Coming To Tesla
- Move Over, Tony Stark — Elon Musk Admits To James Bond Villain Side Project … Or Something Like That
- Graph Of Tesla Analyst Stock Price Targets Raises Questions, Provides Two Takeaways
- Chart: Electric Cars Cutting Gasoline Use By Hundreds Of Millions Of Gallons A Year
- Tesla “Party Mode” Coming Soon, Spotted By Hacker
- Streamlining Manufacturing Of The Tesla Model 3 For The Model Y
- Tesla Outsold Porsche & Jaguar Globally In 1st Quarter
- Top Gear Declares Tesla Model 3 Fastest Charging Car In The World
- Why Tesla’s Solar Roof Is A Bargain, 53% Of The Price Of A Roof + Electricity — CleanTechnica Analysis
- TRUMP V. EARTH: Who Put The Appalachian Trail In The Way Of The Atlantic Coast Pipeline?
- 2 Species Of Luxury Vehicles: New-Age Tesla Model 3 vs. Old-World Mercedes C300
- Tesla Demand Cliff Analysis, Courtesy Of A Frunkpuppy Lover (Graph)
- Hyundai Kona EV #1 In Netherlands In May, Tesla Model 3 Still #1 In 2019
- Tesla Adds More Quarters In Bid To Level Up Its Mobile Service Offerings
- Tesla Model X SUV Smokes Lamborghini Aventador (Video)
- Walt Disney World Solar Panels Now Span 270 Acres — 50-Megawatt Solar Park Powers ~2 Theme Parks
- Jaguar I-PACE Size vs. Tesla Model 3 & Tesla Model X