The 20 most popular CleanTechnica articles last week are listed below. First, though, I’ll note some of my personal favorites of the week.
I have to include my cost comparison of the Tesla Model 3 and BMW 330i, which I think is highly valuable for anyone comparing the two cars — and was also just a ton of fun to examine.
I loved Maarten’s quick take on Dutch EV sales in May and how the country could even see 10% EV market share in 2019.
Meanwhile (literally), I took a look at US auto sales and found a lot of companies losing sales — while Tesla’s sales continued to soar. Coincidence?
I rounded out the sales reports by highlighting good results from the Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, Chevy Bolt, and BMW i3 in California, in their respective vehicle classes.
Jumping into finances and stocks, Maarten had an interesting piece questioning whether or not Wall Street is clueless on Tesla [TSLA]. Worth a read.
Ans speaking of clueless, I reminded readers that Morgan Stanley’s Adam Jonas forecasted in 2016 that Tesla would sell only 246,000 vehicles in 2020, and wouldn’t reach 500,000 sales till 2025. Seriously. And people trust Jonas over Elon Musk?
Maarten also took a dive into the potential for high margins on Tesla Model 3s produced in China. We’ll see.
One of my favorite articles of the week was actually a simple rant about environmentalists/climate-concerned people being tricked by Tesla smears. Elon Musk agreed with the rant, tweeting “Exactly” in response, and it seems many other people did as well, as the article topped the CleanTechnica charts last week.
I was excited to report that our friends at GreenWay hit the milestone of 100 EV fast chargers in Poland last week, and I also announced new Tesla Shuttle routes out of Krakow (Cracow), Poland last week, a happy coincidence.
I’ll end my own personal favorites with Vijay’s review of the SlimWallet. That looks like a cool product. If I hadn’t recently bought a wallet, I’d get one. Well, I may order one for the next time I need a wallet anyway.
On to the 20 most popular CleanTechnica articles last week! (Note: Our most popular article was actually my rundown of the 20 most popular articles of the previous week, but I’m excluding that one as well as the top 20 article for May, which would have been 5th.)
- Some Environmentalists Are Being Punked Regarding Tesla
- The Chinese Tesla Model 3 “Super Margin” (Forecast)
- Chinese Tesla Model 3 Price Crushes BMW 3 Series & Mercedes C-Class Prices
- Remember, Morgan Stanley’s Adam Jonas Predicted In 2016 Tesla Would Sell Only 246K Cars In 2020 — Just Sayin’
- The Media’s Story About Tesla Is Wrong, Facts Tell Another
- Tesla Model 3 vs. BMW 330i — Tesla 30–55% Cheaper Over 5 Years
- Two Years With The Chevy Bolt — Mixed Feelings & A Family Of Geese
- Electric Vehicle Sales Up 70% In Europe
- 1000 MWh Renewable Energy Storage Project In Utah Announced
- Tesla Short Sellers Have A Horrible Record On Tesla Production & Sales — Truly Funny Tweets
- More Than 150 Gas Car Fires Per Day — Can We Please Get Serious About Electric Car Battery Fires?
- US Auto Sales Down For Audi, Honda, Infiniti, Mercedes, Nissan, & Toyota In 2019
- Tesla Pickup Truck — $49,000 Base Price (Or Lower) Is The Aim
- Visualization: 2012–2019 US Electric Car Sales (This Is A Must See)
- Is Wall Street Clueless On Tesla [TSLA]?
- Tesla Refocuses On Financial Stability & Manufacturing Throughput In Q2
- Change Your Tires! Airless Tires From Michelin, Quieter Tires From Bridgestone
- Confessions Of A Twitter $TSLAQ Troll
- I Found A Safety Concern In My Tesla Model 3, & How To Correct It
- China Electric Vehicle Sales Up To 5.4% Market Share
Have a tip for CleanTechnica? Want to advertise? Want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
CleanTechnica Holiday Wish Book
Our Latest EVObsession Video
CleanTechnica uses affiliate links. See our policy here.