Published on February 13th, 2017 | by Zachary Shahan0
rEVolution (in Amsterdam)
February 13th, 2017 by Zachary Shahan
The rEVolution will not be televised …
but it will be blogged and perhaps Facebook livestreamed.
Most importantly, though, it will rely on the foresight, action, and collaboration of optimistically energized humans.
As I wrote last month, 2017 looks likely to be a breakout year for electric cars. With the EV revolution just getting started but seemingly primed for a quick and exciting ride, many of us have been eager to jump into the industry full time, and I’m sure the earliest movers are keen to see their work bear fruit.
Making the most of the moment, in my opinion, relies on understanding the market and connecting with the right people.
With all of that in mind: An upcoming EV conference in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) looks like it will be particularly interesting and useful. I’m not just saying that because I’m one of the keynote speakers (though, I’m sure that brightens my perspective). Rather, I think the organizers have nailed the purpose, formula, and fuel (no pun initially intended).
Aside from bringing together a broad variety of leaders in the space, EV-Box (which itself stands at the top of the EV charging industry in many regards) is unveiling a rEVolution manifesto that integrates the opinions of a dozen or so thought leaders with the results of an extensive survey of over 800 EV drivers (including some of you, if you took the time out of a busy holiday season to respond). The idea seems to be:
- Dive into the brains of the market from discussions with the most involved business, nonprofit, and government leaders.
- Understand the heart and veins of the market by reaching out and listening carefully to initial EV drivers.
- Share a holistic vision for the future of this industry.
- Bring people together to further carry on the discussion.
I am excited to be joining for this first rEVolution event, appropriately held in one of the world’s hottest EV markets. Since CleanTechnica is so heavily focused on points #1–4 (and I’m personally jumping into #5 as well via a couple of ventures), I hope I can help to grow the conversation and the “real-world results.” Additionally, I hope and presume I will see some of you there, but go ahead and register if you haven’t yet!
At the event, I will also dive into some of the key findings from our coming (2nd) EV report, the results of >2000 surveys from EV drivers in 49 of 50 US states, 9 Canadian provinces, and 26 European countries — more on that to come…
- 1 Million Pure EVs Worldwide: EV Revolution Begins!
- 2016 Laid Huge Cleantech Foundations — In 2017, We’ll Start Seeing The Beautiful Results
- 2017 Electric Car Sales Projections — From You & EV Volumes
- EV-Box Installs 40,000th EV Charging Point, Most In World
- EV Charging Network Leaders Are …
- EV-Box & Vivo Energy Launch Morocco’s 1st Public EV Charging Station
Buy a cool T-shirt in the CleanTechnica store!
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech daily newsletter or weekly newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.