In case you missed any of these or just like to see which CleanTechnica stories have been getting the most attention, below are the 30 CleanTechnica stories from the past week that got the most views. Many of these also have lengthy & stimulating comments sections which I think are worth diving into. After the top 30 list, you can see my personal favorites of the week.
- From Garbage Trucks To Buses, It’s Time To Start Talking About Big Electric Vehicles (via The Energy Collective)
- Tesla Model S & Nissan LEAF Clocked As World’s Best-Selling Electric Cars In 2016 — still hot
- Trump’s “America First” Energy Plan Actually Leaves America Behind (via NRDC)
- Tesla Model 3 Air Vents May Be “Invisible” (via Gas2)
- I Drove A Bolt Today — CleanTechnica review
- US Electric Car Sales Up 59% In January 2017 — CleanTechnica report
- Tesla Needs Just 3 Months To Complete World’s Largest Grid Storage Facility (via Solar Love)
- The Great Energy Disruption
- Toyota & Utilities Incentivize Efficient Driving In The Prius Prime — still hot
- 3 Lessons Gleaned From Observing Elon Musk In Action (via EV Annex)
- Ford CEO Mark Fields Told Trump 1 Million US Jobs At Stake Because Of Fuel Economy Rules
- Hot Demand For Opel Ampera-E In Norway Speeds Up Delivery Schedule
- Lighting Science L-Bar is the Perfect Drop-in Replacement for Fluorescents — CleanTechnica review
- Europe’s Best-Selling Electric Car = Renault Zoe — CleanTechnica report
- Nissan To Show Off Juke e-Power Concept (Series Hybrid) At This Year’s Tokyo Auto Show
- Russian Military Threat Halts Giant Offshore Wind Project
- World’s Largest Oil Company, Saudi Aramco, Apparently Mulling $5 Billion Renewable Investment
- More Bad News For Coal, Another Rosy Report For Clean Energy — If You Ignore The Tillerson Effect
- Nissan e-NV200 = Best-Selling Electric Van In Europe In 2016
- Tesla Cancels Large Order With German Supplier SHW — Why?
- Is EV Revolution Threatening Oil Company Investor Death Spiral? (via EV Annex)
- Fiat 500e Review From Biker Chick — CleanTechnica review
- China 100% Electric Bus Sales Grew To ~115,700 In 2016 — original CleanTechnica charts
- LED Lighting Retrofits In Hawaiian Homes: Faster Paybacks Than Solar Power
- How The Terrorists Won — Part 2, The Economy
- GM CEO Mary Barra: Chevy Bolt EV Platform To Be Used For More EV Models — still hot
- India’s 750 Megawatt Solar Tender Draws Bids For 7,500 Megawatts (via CleanTechies)
- 3 Winners Named At Hyperloop Competition
- How The Terrorists Won
- 62% Of Auto Execs Think EVs Will Fail Due To Infrastructure Challenges, KPMG Survey Finds
As for my favorites?
Well, all of the stories above were awesome, imho. But I was particularly touched by the following 23 stories …
Steve Hanley’s fresh piece on civil disobedience, climate action, and jury nullification.
I’m excited to find out that we might see self-driving Nissan LEAFs on London streets this month!
I’m fascinated by the transition from gas stations to EV charging stations and Total’s leadership in that direction in France.
Of course, like many others, I was tantalized by the January 2017 US electric car sales results …
… and the 2016 global EV sales report from EV Volumes …
… and the routinely underappreciated Renault Zoe being crowned the #1 EV in Europe in 2016 — so narrowly!
However, as far as EV sales goes, I think nothing is as interesting as China’s electric bus sales boom.
Speaking of hot EVs, Steve Bakker’s take on the Chevy Bolt EV was a blast, as is everything Steve writes.
Susanna Schick’s take on one week with a Fiat 500e was titillating — particularly since she normally rides an electric motorcycle (but got a 500e for a week after breaking her wrist) and since it’s apparently her favorite electric car.
I was surprised and happy to read that the President Of Audi Of America recently told auto dealers that it’s really time to push EVs, and to find ways of making money to replace ICE maintenance.
Yet, 62% of auto execs are apparently clueless — stunning at this stage of the game.
All of that said, get out of the car if you can!
Adrian Ramsay highlighted what we should all be repeating daily: “We simply cannot keep pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and expect life to continue as normal.”
India’s recent 750 megawatt solar tender drew bids for 7,500 megawatts of projects — astounding and a very positive sign!
Is EV revolution threatening an oil company investor death spiral? That seems to be a theme of 2017.
Speaking of death spirals, Deutsche Bank — not exactly known for a conservative investment strategy — is pulling out of coal. Coal is dead.
Of course, Don the Con’s “energy plan” is a crumbling disaster.
Solar recently dipped below 5¢/kWh in El Salvador — insane. Seriously, get out of fossil fuels if you don’t want to lose money and jobs.
At least some states are leading the way.
NRDC reports that clean energy jobs surpass fossil fuel jobs by 5 to 1. Seriously, Donald, wake up — if you want to help the economy and want people to like you, push the heck out of clean energy!
And to complement solar & wind power: Tesla Powerpacks are ready to explode.
All in all, what this means is: The Great Energy Disruption is here.
Appreciate CleanTechnica’s originality? Consider becoming a CleanTechnica Member, Supporter, Technician, or Ambassador — or a patron on Patreon.