Climate XChange, a Boston-based 501(c)3 nonprofit, just launched our 8th Annual EV Raffle. Our organization is committed to helping states transition to a zero-emissions economy and each year our sold-out raffle helps us raise critical funds to carry out our mission.
This year, we’re offering our largest selection of vehicles ever for the Grand Prize, and adding an Early Bird drawing for $10,000 just ahead of the holidays.
Here are eight reasons why you should purchase a ticket:
- Bonus $10,000 Drawing for Early Ticket Buyers. Any tickets purchased by November 18, 2023 will be entered into a drawing for $10,000. If you’re thinking about buying a ticket, don’t wait because you could miss out on this extra prize. Imagine heading into the holidays with an extra $10,000 to spend! It’s our gift to you for acting early. And don’t worry, your tickets will still be entered into the Grand Prize drawing in February.
- Choose any EV on the market. Seriously, ANY EV! The Grand Prize Winner will have their choice of a fully-customized EV from any manufacturer worth up to $112,835. If you’ve thought about purchasing a ticket in the past, but had your eye on a BMW, Polestar, Rivian, Lucid, Tesla, or Mercedes-Benz, then this is your year to join! In previous years, Climate XChange offered Grand Prize Winners their choice of a fully customized Tesla or Rivian, but with the rapid increase in high-end electric vehicles from dozens of manufacturers, we opened up our Grand Prize options to the entire market.
- The Grand Prize Winner Pays No Taxes. It may come as a surprise to you that raffle winners are required to pay taxes on the market value of their prize. When that prize is a custom luxury EV, that’s a lot of taxes! Climate XChange understands that most people don’t have tens of thousands of dollars to spare…especially to receive a prize. That’s why we pay the taxes for our Grand Prize. The exact amount varies based on the car that’s chosen, but we’ll pay up to $58,485!
- …And Gets $5,000 for Charging Support. Climate XChange is offering an additional $5,000 of charging support to our Grand Prize Winner to help install a home charger or for use on the road. And since charging an EV is cheaper than filling a gas tank, you’re likely to see additional savings in years to come.
- We’re Giving Away Four Additional Cash Prizes. If you miss out on our Early Bird and Grand Prizes, you still have four chances to win! Climate XChange is offering cash prizes for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place in their February drawing. That means if you buy your ticket(s!) now, you have six chances to win.
- Transparent, Trustworthy Operation. Climate XChange has been raffling off EVs for eight years and we know what we’re doing. No matter how many tickets we sell, our organization will still give away the Grand Prize EV and you’ll pay nothing to drive it home. Plus, Climate XChange prioritizes a fair drawing process. We print each individual raffle ticket stub and live stream the whole drawing (including loading the raffle drum) so that you can feel comfortable that the winners were fairly chosen. We also hire independent auditors to oversee the raffle, to ensure that every ticket purchased is correct and entered into the drawing.
- Your Ticket Purchase Helps Fight Climate Change. The transportation industry accounts for more than a quarter of the annual emissions in the United States, with the majority coming from passenger vehicles. Climate XChange is working hard to reduce these emissions by helping states pass policies that decarbonize transportation and other sectors, to create safe, healthy communities across the country. Your purchase of a raffle ticket enables Climate XChange to continue our mission while giving you the opportunity to reduce your own environmental impact if you win!
8. Public Charging is More and More Accessible. If you’re a CleanTechnica follower, you know it’s easier than ever to charge your EV with the increase in publicly available charging stations. Tools like the Department of Energy’s Alternative Fueling Station Locator allow drivers to easily find the nearest charging station and the agency reports around 4 percent growth in the number of public charging ports this year alone. With this ever-expanding network, it’s never been easier to drive an EV. And by entering Climate XChange’s raffle, now’s your chance to win your dream EV.
Learn more about Climate XChange’s 8th Annual EV Raffle and purchase tickets at carbonraffle.org.
And let us know in the comments below what EV you’d choose if you were our Grand Prize Winner, and why!
About Climate XChange
One Beacon Street, Fl. 15, Boston MA 02108 | Climate-XChange.org | 617.624.0919
Climate XChange is a 501(c)3 non-profit, non-partisan organization with a mission to achieve a rapid and equitable transition towards a zero-emissions economy by advancing state climate policy. We strive to accomplish this through three areas of impact: connecting thousands through our State Climate Policy Network, tracking 65+ climate policies through our State Climate Policy Dashboard, and building a broad coalition through our direct advocacy in Maryland. Learn more at climate-xchange.org.
This article is sponsored by Climate XChange.
Have a tip for CleanTechnica? Want to advertise? Want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
CleanTechnica Holiday Wish Book
Our Latest EVObsession Video
CleanTechnica uses affiliate links. See our policy here.