Published on October 2nd, 2019 | by Jake Richardson0
Electric Automobili Pininfarina Battista Hypercar To Begin Production In 2020
October 2nd, 2019 by Jake Richardson
The Automobili Pininfarina Battista Hypercar is set to begin production in Italy in 2020. It is expected to be on the same level as some of the fastest cars in the world and may be even quicker from 0 to 60 miles per hour. Automobili Pininfarina has very strong ties to the Italian car design firm Pininfarina S.p.A., also known as Carrozzeria Pininfarina, but is based in Munich, Germany. CEO Michael Perschke, formerly of Audi India, answered some questions about the new electric high-performance sports car for CleanTechnica.
1. Is the all-electric car really rated at 1,900 horsepower?
Battista’s sophisticated pure-electric hypercar is expected to produce 1,900 hp.
2. Are these figures correct: 0 to 60 in less than 2 seconds and 0 – 186 mph in about 12 seconds?
3. What is the range per charge?
In excess of 500 kms.
4. Does it come with a home charger and what kind of chargers are most compatible with the vehicle?
Charging cables will be supplied.
5. How many have you built so far and what will be the yearly production target?
We begin production in Italy in 2020.
6. What is the cost?
Battista is priced from 1.98m EURO excluding local taxes in Europe.
7. Who is the target audience?
Wealthy clients with a passion for outstanding performance and unequalled design heritage. With Battista we also find those seeking luxury without negative environmental impact really love that this hypercar is a zero-emissions masterpiece.
8. Do you make your own batteries or are they outsourced?
We will outsource these from a world-class technical partner.
9. Will the car make an artificial noise outside of the electric motors?
The sound will be specifically tuned but we are committed to generating a soundtrack that amplifies the vehicle architecture at the core of Battista. This is very important to our clients.
10. How many years is the warranty?
To be confirmed in 2020 ahead of sales commencing.
11. Is the shell all carbon fiber and how much does the whole vehicle weigh?
Yes and around two tonnes.
12. How much does the air braking in the rear slow down the vehicle when it is activated?
This will be confirmed when testing begins in the New Year.
Follow CleanTechnica on Google News.
It will make you happy & help you live in peace for the rest of your life.