The most popular CleanTechnica articles of the past week were led by (yet another) total cost of ownership analysis comparing the Tesla Model 3 and Toyota Camry. A couple of us here at CleanTechnica had previously published our own 5 year cost of ownership comparisons between these cars, but this one came from Loup Ventures, “a research-driven venture capital firm based in Minneapolis and New York investing in frontier technology.” Other popular stories covered Model 3 range lost while parked, a Tesla service experience, and much more regarding Tesla. Non-Tesla stories included the sprouting EV revolution, a solar-powered Chevy Bolt, Burger King’s Impossible Whopper, clean energy at 1¢/kWh, VW’s EV potential, and much more.
It’s not all about what most people click, though. We put a lot of time and effort into original analyses, reviews, interviews, and more. In the past week, we published 20 such stories, including reflections from a Tesla service visit, a couple of Tesla Model 3 owner interviews, a story about an interesting solar-powered Chevy Bolt, a story about and pics from Tesla Sentry Mode photographing an apparent thief, some context explaining why previous hype about lack of Tesla demand in Europe didn’t make sense, an explanation of Tesla’s advantage in crisis management, the best Tesla Model 3 review I’ve read, a road-trip comparison of the Peuogeot iOn and and 100+ mile Nissan LEAF, a superb detailed look at potential Tesla Model 3 demand in Asia–Pacific countries other than China, and more. I definitely recommend perusing our CleanTechnica originals and checking out ones that pique your interest.
But, getting back to the top 20 of the week, scroll down below for a look at the full list.
The 5-year total cost of ownership of the Tesla Model 3 vs. the Toyota Camry LE and Audi A5 (Chart: Loup Ventures)
- Total Cost Of Ownership: Tesla Model 3 vs. Toyota Camry & Audi A5
- How Much Range Is Lost On A Parked Tesla Model 3 In 63 Days?
- Tesla’s Service May Not Be Perfect, But It Is Still Far Better Than The “Competition”
- Is This Why Tesla Stays Secretive About Maxwell Technologies?
- Tesla Cuts Model Y Prices To Reflect Last Few Model 3 Price Cuts — Detailed Look
- The Electric Vehicle Revolution Is About To Get Messy
- Enterprising EV Owner Taps The Sun To Power His Chevrolet Bolt (CleanTechnica Exclusive)
- Tesla’s European Demand Rumors Get Blown Out Of The Water
- Burger King Dared Me (& My Cat) To Taste Test The Impossible Whopper
- How Tesla’s Path To Self-Driving Cars Is Different From Others
- Clean Energy At 1 Cent Per Kilowatt-Hour
- What’s The Real Reason Walmart Is Suing Tesla?
- This EV Is Huge, Bright Green, & Never Needs Recharging
- The EV Future — Volkswagen vs. Toyota In One Picture
- Volkswagen Has An Opportunity To Bankrupt Top Competitors
- Tesla Makes Solar Affordable Again With New Monthly Rental Plans
- Hyundai & Kia Create Great Electric Vehicles, But Where Are The Battery Contracts?
- Tesla Gon’ Get You, Sucka! Tesla Model 3 Recording Leads Police To ID A Suspect
- 222,000 Miles In A Tesla Model S (Video + Interview)
- South Korea Says FU To Diesel Cheating While Tesla Model 3 Customers Form Long Lines
Have a tip for CleanTechnica? Want to advertise? Want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
Latest CleanTechnica TV Video
CleanTechnica uses affiliate links. See our policy here.