Published on July 28th, 2019 | by Zachary Shahan0
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Solar Roof … Tesla Model 3 = Breakthrough … EV Transmissions — #CleanTechnica Top 20
July 28th, 2019 by Zachary Shahan
The most popular articles on CleanTechnica last week were, surprisingly, not topped by a Tesla story. I don’t remember the last time that was the case! In fact, the third most popular story also wasn’t primarily about Tesla. Apparently, readers were especially pulled into reading a story about the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid’s solar roof, another mainstream media review of the Tesla Model 3, and why EV transmissions are a thing and will likely become a bigger thing.
After those top three stories, Tesla took the next four spots before another solar-powered car story jumped in. Those Tesla stories covered Gigafactory 1, a comparison of the Tesla Model 3 to a handful of BMW models, an odd CNBC story, and a 4,000 mile road trip in a Model 3. Jump past the advertisement to buy a freakin’ shirt (or bag or mug or hoodie or baby outfit) in order to view the full list.
- The Solar Roof On Hyundai’s New Sonata Hybrid Adds 1,300km Of Range Per Year
- “The Model 3 Feels Like A Breakthrough Car” —CAR Magazine
- EV Transmissions Are Coming, And It’s A Good Thing
- Tesla Gigafactory Bigger Than You Expect — Truly Gigantic
- Tesla Model 3 vs. BMW 230i, 330i, 440i, & i3s
- Were CNBC Sources — “Tesla Employees” — Funded By TSLAQ?
- A 4,000 Mile Road Trip In A Tesla Model 3 (Video + Interview)
- It’s The Batteries, Stupid
- DIY Solar LEAF Project Shows The Untapped Potential Of Solar EVs
- Sodium-Ion Battery Research Shows Promising Results
- “Tesla Direct” — How More & More Tesla Customers Are Getting Their Cars
- Tesla Model 3 Has A Lot Of Demand, But Does It Have A TON Of Demand?
- Breaking! Video & Photos Of Fully Electric Ford F-150 — Pulling A Train
- Tesla Sold More Model 3s In Q2 2019 Than GM Sold Chevy Bolts Worldwide Since Its Birth
- Coal, Gas Sink As New York Sails Into Offshore Wind Power Mega-Deal
- Nissan Quietly Releases #Rapidgate Software Update For North American LEAF Owners
- Tesla Files Patent Application For Die-Cast Unibody Machine
- Subsidy Cuts & Tesla Model 3 Shake Up Chinese EV Sales Ranking — June Sales Report
- California EV Rebate Could Go From $2500 To $7500 — CleanTechnica Interview With Bill Author Phil Ting
- Tesla Posts An Operating Loss Of $167 Million, Cutting Losses By More Than Half, Cash Strong At $5 Billion
Any of your favorite stories not make the top 20? Chime in below.
I have to recommend our extensive liveblog of the 2nd quarter Tesla shareholder conference call, which is full of interesting details. The Portugal EV sales report is also fascinating, as is Tomek’s summary of a road trip through Sicily in a Nissan e-NV200. To close up shop for the week, it’s also inspiring that solar & wind met over 50% of one Indian state’s energy demand for 3 days this month.
Follow CleanTechnica on Google News.
It will make you happy & help you live in peace for the rest of your life.