Published on October 12th, 2018 | by Zachary Shahan0
Tesla Crushes Porsche & Jaguar Worldwide
October 12th, 2018 by Zachary Shahan
Tesla is scoring too many blowout sales milestones. It needs to cool it.
Before jumping into the latest number-crunching fun, here’s a quick recap of some notable sales milestones Tesla just achieved in case you missed them:
- The Tesla Model 3 is now the 4th best selling car in the USA.
- Tesla is now the #1 top selling luxury vehicle brand in the USA.
- Tesla has had 25,913% sales growth in 6 years, from 321 sales in Q3 2012 to 83,500 sales in Q3 2018.
- Tesla more than doubled its previous quarterly delivery record in Q3.
- The Tesla Model 3 is the #1 highest grossing car (in terms of monthly revenue) in the USA.
- The Tesla Model 3 is the #1 top selling American car in the USA.
But that’s just the beginning.
I reported at the end of July that Tesla production seemed to be passing Jaguar production (worldwide), and I reported earlier in July that Tesla may overtake Porsche (worldwide).
I just calculated the 3rd quarter totals for these companies* and Tesla beat both Jaguar and Porsche. In fact, despite the other brands seeing modest growth, Tesla crushed them.
|Auto Brand||Q3 2018|
Naturally, the most important thing is that every single Tesla sale is an electric car sale, which means less pollution, less global warming, and less noise.
Tesla’s sales growth is driven by the Model 3, which is somehow competing with cars half or a third of its price for the top selling car title in the United States. It seems that Tesla just produced the 100,000th Model 3 in the past week or so. Both Bloomberg’s production tracker and Teslike’s production tracker went passed the 100,000 car milestone this week. How long till the next 100,000 Model 3s are out the door and in customers’ hands?
*Not difficult calculations, but neither Jaguar nor Porsche releases Q3 totals, so three Jaguar press releases and two Porsche press releases were required to uncover the numbers.
- Tesla now sells the 3 safest cars ever tested in the US.
- The Tesla Model 3 Performance is a silent monster.
- The Tesla Model 3 is actually in a class of its own.