Published on August 21st, 2018 | by Jake Richardson0
Solar Installer Freedom Forever Is One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies
August 21st, 2018 by Jake Richardson
Solar power installer Freedom Forever was recently ranked #135 in the 37th annual Inc. 5000 list. Over the last three years, the company has experienced 2953.8% revenue growth. Brett Bouchy, CEO of Freedom Forever, answered some questions for CleanTechnica about the company’s work.
1. How has your company experienced a 2953.8% revenue growth?
Freedom Forever has a unique approach that goes against some of the prevailing trends in the residential solar industry
We look at every project we take on as a long-term opportunity and a chance to build a relationship with the residential solar customer. This isn’t about selling a system for every dollar of potential profit and then never seeing the customer again – we know that solar power systems need to grow and adapt with the needs of our customers, and they know that we’ll be there no matter what.
One of the things that sets us apart from others – and has helped us grow – is our commitment to ensuring that our customers own their solar power systems. Solar energy systems are an investment in a home – just like a new kitchen or adding a pool – and homeowners deserve to see a return on that investment. Every dollar invested in a solar system increases home value by $1.85 – a significant return on investment. Other companies in this space have embraced a leasing model which means homeowners are not able to add permanent value to their properties. We work closely with our customers to ensure that they get the credit for investing in clean, solar energy – we ensure they get any tax credits or rebates they’re entitled to and work to ensure that financing options reward customers with the maximum tax credit available to them.
Over the past 3 years, we’ve launched two major initiatives that really capture what makes Freedom Forever different from others in this space.
First, we offer a 25-year production guarantee on every project we take on. This means that Freedom Forever services your residential solar system for no added cost throughout its life — and if the system does go down, we personally cover the cost of power every day it’s under repair. We want to be there as your solar partner, so we’re going to regularly monitor your system’s performance to let you know when and if problems crop up and get them serviced as quickly as possible.
Secondly, we launched a first-of-its-kind customer portal that gives homeowners remarkable insight into the work being done on their property. We’re able to track and report in detail the progress of installation and service — no one else in this industry offers this level of transparency and communication between the contractor and the homeowner.
This customer-centric philosophy has enabled us to create a long-term relationship with superior communication throughout every stage of each project. Freedom Forever is not just a contractor, we’re your solar energy consultant, there for you throughout the life of your system to help you make smart investments into clean power technology for your home.
2. Can you provide more details on the 25-year production guarantee?
Absolutely … we guarantee the entire system for 25 years – that means that if any component stops working, our team will be there to get it back up and running. And, if you incur energy costs while the system is down, we cover those costs fully.
3. What is the size in KW of your typical residential solar power installation?
4. How long does it take to install one of your systems typically?
The actual installation of hardware takes 1 to 2 days, but our entire process is closer to 45–60 days on the average job.
5. What is the upfront cost to the homeowner?
93% of our systems are financed with $0 down, but the other 7% that are cash customers have to put down a $1,000 deposit.
6. What do your customers like best about your service?
Customers love the level of transparency and communications they receive from us — we aim to provide a concierge-style service for our customers. The Customer Portal really highlights that approach — you can see it in action here — making sure that customers always know what’s going on with their system and their property.
7. How many home solar systems have you installed so far?
Approximately 10,000 systems.
8. What is your roadmap for the next 3–5 years?
We have an ambitious goal to be the #1 residential installer in the country. We now have the systems, processes, and the customer-centric focus to achieve those goals. We are already one of the largest installers in the country even though we are only in 3 states. Our standardized processes enable us to scale rapidly in each new state that we enter. We expect to be in 20 states within 3 years.
Images via Freedom Forever
Follow CleanTechnica on Google News.
It will make you happy & help you live in peace for the rest of your life.