Thanks to everyone who joined the Solar Investing webinar with Wunder Capital CEO and Founder Bryan Birsic last Thursday. Zachary Shahan, our Director here at CleanTechnica, was there to help moderate the Q&A from our live audience. Watch the video on YouTube or Facebook or embedded in the article below.
Bryan gave a slide presentation looking at the opportunities for growth in the solar market and the success of solar investing as well as how Wunder works and what types of projects it takes on.
The Wunder investment model allows for individuals to take part in the solar energy revolution by supporting small and medium-sized businesses and nonprofits as they make the transition to solar energy. To learn more about how Wunder works, read this CleanTechnica article.
Some of the highlights from the webinar include:
- Wunder allows investors to connect with borrowers that are growing solar around the country. These are all asset-backed investments (with the solar system as the asset).
- They are very excited about the US and global solar environment. Solar was 39% of new generation capacity brought online in 2016. In the webinar, Bryan discusses why it’s become so cost competitive in the past 10 years.
- Wunder works with businesses, schools, hospitals. Learn more in the webinar about why they don’t work with homeowners but instead focus on business and commercial investments.
- These investments can include storage too!
- Check out all the slides from the presentation here and learn more at WunderCapital.com
More about Wunder Capital: Wunder is a financial technology company that is based out of Boulder, Colorado. Founded in 2013, Wunder won the US Department of Energy’s 2014 Sunshot Challenge, as well as COSEIA’s 2015 Summit Award. Wunder also participated in the Techstars technology accelerator program. Although Wunder’s solar funds are capitalized by individual accredited investors, the parent company and the operator of each of Wunder’s solar funds — The Wunder Company — is backed by venture capital (from the likes of Techstars Ventures, Fenway Summer, and Fintech Collective as well as others).
More about Bryan Birsic: Bryan is the Founder and CEO of Wunder Capital and brings extensive finance and capital raising expertise to Wunder, from private equity investing at Bain & Company to financing online commercial lending companies at Village Ventures.
Notably, Bryan’s firm led early investments into commercial lending market leader OnDeck Capital. Along with his finance background, Bryan has built and led several companies that bring software approaches to new markets, most notably and recently SimpleReach, where Bryan was President and which has raised more than $15mm. Bryan attended Williams College, and moved with his family to Boulder from New York City several years ago.