Published on July 11th, 2017 | by Cynthia Shahan0
AEP Offers $10,000 Discount On New Nissan LEAF Through End Of September
July 11th, 2017 by Cynthia Shahan
AEP Ohio is extending its $10,000 discount on the price of a new Nissan Leaf in Ohio through the end of September.
The program initiated in May was to run through June — now it is nearly October. The offer is a $10,000 discount on the price of a LEAF. The discount can be used in conjunction with the $7,500 federal tax credit for electric vehicles. Buyers must present an AEP bill to a dealership to get the discount.
The Nissan LEAF is agile, adaptable, spacious, smooth, swift, dependable, and zero emissions (a blessing for clean air advocates and all drivers). It’s already one of the best options in its price category (I can’t think of a better car in its price point), but the $10,000 discount seems to make it a no-brainer.
Here are more details on the promotion:
- AEP Ohio customers & business fleet owners are eligible for a $10,000 discount (off MSRP) on the 2017 Nissan LEAF
- Promotion runs now through September 30, 2017, or while supplies last
- LEAF vehicles must be purchased in Ohio
- Customers must show proof of eligibility by providing a copy of a current AEP Ohio bill
- Offer cannot be combined with any other Nissan special lease, APR, or rebate
- LEAF owners may also be eligible for up to $7,500 in federal tax incentives
- To schedule a test drive through Nissan or learn more about the Nissan LEAF, visit www.nissanusa.com/leaf
- AEP Ohio supports the adoption of electric vehicle technology, but is not endorsing any specific product through this promotional effort and is not affiliated with the manufacturer or dealer
- Participating Ohio Nissan Leaf-Certified Dealerships
- Nissan suggests calling ahead to the dealership to confirm inventory.
A CleanTechnica report that surveyed more than 2,000 EV drivers in 28 countries found strong demand for cash incentives much lower than this $10,000 discount, so one would think this incentive will stimulate a lot of purchases. Let us know if you get one!
- California Electric Car Initiative Would Add $3 Billion In New EV Incentives
- Oregon Legislature Passes Electric Vehicle Purchase Incentives Package
- EV Purchase Incentives Are Under Fire In Many US States