Published on June 18th, 2016 | by Zachary Shahan3
Climate News (Not Uplifting)
June 18th, 2016 by Zachary Shahan
As a reminder of why CleanTechnica does what it does, here’s a roundup of climate news that is sure to make your head drop. After checking these out, be sure to check out some other CleanTechnica stories to get your head back up to where it should be.
NASA data: hottest May on record makes the 12-months running mean global temperature anomaly (shown) rise to + 1 °C pic.twitter.com/6YhwKyo2JP
— Stefan Rahmstorf (@rahmstorf) June 14, 2016
- The Temperature Spiral Has An Update. It’s Not Pretty.
- Here’s What Actual Climate Scientists Think Of Trump’s New Energy Plan
- Climate Change Has Claimed Its First Mammalian Victim
- Greenland Hits Record 75°F, Sets Melt Record As Globe Aims At Hottest Year
- Did Donald Trump Deny The California Drought Because He’s Lost Touch With Reality?
- The Media Is Ignoring The Most Important Part Of Stephen Hawking’s Comments On Trump
- Wall Street Journal Runs Ad Trashing WSJ’s Climate Science Denial
- Warming Means Nicer U.S. Weather, But It Won’t Last
- Bleaching Has Hit 93 Percent of the Great Barrier Reef
- Studies Show Link Between Red Meat and Climate Change
- Study Touts Benefits Of “Leave It In The Ground” Strategy For Federal Land
- Scientists Compare Climate Change Impacts At 1.5C & 2C
- Was 2012 A Warmup For 2016?
- Climate Change to Cut Global Financial Assets by Trillions
- Tweet of the Day: This Year’s Temps
- With May Record, Global Temps in ‘New Neighborhood’
- Study: Most Fossil Fuels Unburnable Without Carbon Capture
- Wildfires Disrupt Oil Sands, Exposing Climate Risk
- Multiple Western States Are Ablaze With Wildfires
- Climate Scientists Have Warned Us Of Coral Bleaching For Years. It’s Here
- Ocean Heat Comes Back to Haunt Coral Reefs
- Melting Arctic Could Supercharge Climate Feedback Loop