Published on May 11th, 2016 | by James Ayre7
ChargePoint Rolls Out Charging Station For Fleets
May 11th, 2016 by James Ayre
ChargePoint recently unveiled its latest electric vehicle charging station offering, the CPF25 — as well as its latest upgrades to its Fleet Plan — at the 2016 ACT Expo.
In an email sent to EV Obsession and CleanTechnica, the details of the new CPF25 electric vehicle (EV) charging station offering were detailed — along with the company’s newly enhanced fleet solutions offerings.
→ Related story from today: ChargePoint Secures $50 Million In New Funding
The new CPF25 EV charging station is a 32 amp, Level 2 station that was designed specifically with depot use in mind. Features include an “RFID card/smartphone reader for authentication, robust Wi-Fi, and a rugged, easy to mount, compact and attractive case rated for indoor or outdoor use.”
The station comes with either an 18 or 23 foot cable outfitted with a standard J1772 connector, depending on preferences.
Here’s more from the email:
The updated Fleet Plan, which is used in conjunction with the CPF25 station, offers a range of features to allow for flexible, efficient management of the stations, and associated fleet vehicles. Benefits include:
● Maximizing station utilization with real-time information for drivers and fleet operators on which stations are in use or available and what their historical utilization patterns are.
● Optimizing vehicle utilization with real-time information on the charging location.
● Saving money and energy with energy management features such as scheduled charging to allow charging to coincide with the lowest cost energy rates, and the ability to lower installation costs by stretching existing electrical infrastructure with panel sharing technology.
● Supporting fleet drivers 24/7 so fleet operators don’t have to.
● Supporting fleet managers and station owners business hours, Monday through Friday 8AM to 9PM EST.
Accompanying the changes is the introduction of the ChargePoint Fleet Card — which was created so that fleets wanting to utilize public charging infrastructure can easily do so.
“The card allows fleets to pay for fueling costs incurred by its drivers beyond the gates of the depot, giving operators the freedom to leverage ChargePoint’s vast network of charging stations as if it were part of the fleet’s own infrastructure.”
“Adopting EV platforms simply makes sense for any fleet manager,” stated Pasquale Romano, CEO of ChargePoint. “Not only are EVs much less expensive to operate and maintain but they’re also better for the environment. That is why we are seeing forward-thinking organizations making the transition.”