Published on April 15th, 2014 | by AWEA1
#IHeartRenewables Week — Celebrate Earth Day & Renewable Energy
April 15th, 2014 by AWEA
Originally published on Into the Wind.
By David Ward
Similar to our #iheartwind week a couple months back, we are asking supporters to use the #iheartrenewables hashtag to tell your followers, your friends, everyone why you love wind power in the spirit of celebrating Earth Day and all the successes wind power has achieved so far.
You can participate in many ways, including:
- Simply telling everyone why you love wind power and other renewables. For ex:
#iheartrenewables b/c U.S. #windpower avoids enough carbon dioxide emissions a year to take the equivalent of 17 million cars off the road!
- Taking a picture of yourself at a wind farm
- Taking a picture of yourself at work, at home, or anywhere and holding up a sign for why you “heart” renewables.
- You can even tell us why you support federal policy, like the Production Tax Credit or PTC, that encourages American wind power’s growth.
- There are a number of ways you can creatively show your support!
Iberdrola Renewables already kicked things off with their tweet below of a wind farm using the #iheartrenewables hashtag.
So get started and remember to use the #iheartrenewables hashtag!
You can post @AWEA on Twitter by using our handle @AWEA. You can find our Twitter page here:
You can post on AWEA’s Facebook page here:
Interested in telling your elected officials why love wind power year-round? Sign up to receive updates from AWEA’s Power of Wind advocacy network.
Also, don’t forget that WINDPOWER 2014 is happening May 5–8 this year in Las Vegas, Nevada. It’s not too late to sign-up!
Check out our new 93-page EV report.
Join us for an upcoming Cleantech Revolution Tour conference!
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech daily newsletter or weekly newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.