The hosts of podcast This Week In Energy recently invited me to join them for their 128th episode. It was a super-interesting conversation, imho. If you want to have a listen, click the podcast player above or head over to This Week In Energy to listen.
Things we talked about included:
- E-world Energy & Water 2014 (which was apparently a bit schizophrenic)
- Polish energy policy (including the reported “Energiewende” of Poland)
- Natural gas leakage & natural gas as a bridge fuel
- The most recent Chevy Volt commercial, gas anxiety, and EV messaging
- EV awareness (or lack thereof)
- Charging an EV from the 5th floor with an extension chord
- European and global EV sales
- CleanTechnica, Solar Love, EV Obsession, Planetsave, Bikocity
- Local content requirements and subsidies
- Feed-in tariff policies in Europe
- Carbon capture & storage (or so it’s called)
- NRDC working with EEI on moving the grid forward in the face of rapid renewable energy growth
- Duke Energy’s recent coal ash spill in the North Carolina Dan River
- Shipping oil by rail & the Keystone XL
- Tremendous benefits of EVs — the much better drive and the convenience factor (though, our connection got cut off in this section)
- + more
I don't like paywalls. You don't like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it! We just don't like paywalls, and so we've decided to ditch ours. Unfortunately, the media business is still a tough, cut-throat business with tiny margins. It's a never-ending Olympic challenge to stay above water or even perhaps — gasp — grow. So ...
Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.