Published on March 1st, 2014 | by Zachary Shahan0
Bob Tregilus, Kirsten Hasberg, & Me Chatting On “This Week In Energy” (Podcast)
March 1st, 2014 by Zachary Shahan
The hosts of podcast This Week In Energy recently invited me to join them for their 128th episode. It was a super-interesting conversation, imho. If you want to have a listen, click the podcast player above or head over to This Week In Energy to listen.
Things we talked about included:
- E-world Energy & Water 2014 (which was apparently a bit schizophrenic)
- Polish energy policy (including the reported “Energiewende” of Poland)
- Natural gas leakage & natural gas as a bridge fuel
- The most recent Chevy Volt commercial, gas anxiety, and EV messaging
- EV awareness (or lack thereof)
- Charging an EV from the 5th floor with an extension chord
- European and global EV sales
- CleanTechnica, Solar Love, EV Obsession, Planetsave, Bikocity
- Local content requirements and subsidies
- Feed-in tariff policies in Europe
- Carbon capture & storage (or so it’s called)
- NRDC working with EEI on moving the grid forward in the face of rapid renewable energy growth
- Duke Energy’s recent coal ash spill in the North Carolina Dan River
- Shipping oil by rail & the Keystone XL
- Tremendous benefits of EVs — the much better drive and the convenience factor (though, our connection got cut off in this section)
- + more
Check out our new 93-page EV report.
Join us for an upcoming Cleantech Revolution Tour conference!
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech daily newsletter or weekly newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.