Published on December 11th, 2013 | by Zachary Shahan0
Listen To Me Ramble & Roll On The Disruption! Solar Energy Podcast (About Solar, EVs, & More)
December 11th, 2013 by Zachary Shahan
- Billy Parish of Mosaic
- Danny Kennedy of Sungevity and SfunCube
- Bob Tregilus of This Week in Energy and Plug In America
- Felix Krause of Milk The Sun
- Tor Valenza (aka Solar Fred) of Unthink Solar
- Giles Parkinson of RenewEconomy (and CleanTechnica)
- John Farrell of The Institute for Local Self Reliance (and CleanTechnica)
- Frank Andorka of Solar Power World
- Jigar Shah of SunEdison (and more cleantech startups than there are days in the month)
- + other notable solar leaders.
He recently interviewed me for the show, which was a great honor and great fun. You can listen to the 55-minute interview here if you’re interested in listening to me ramble. The topics covered in the interview include:
- how I got into blogging on CleanTechnica and Planetsave
- how I got into cleantech
- the origination of CleanTechnica
- energy democratization
- CleanTechnica’s key areas of focus — solar power, wind power, and electric cars
- why I started Solar Love, EV Obsession, and Bikocity
- electric car sales growth in the US and Norway
- electric vehicle awareness
- effective electric vehicle incentives
- disruptive technology adoption curves and exponential growth
- the electric car situation in Europe
- attacks on net metering and renewable energy standards in the US
- the World–China solar trade war
- the barriers to solar deployment in developing countries, where solar is notably cheaper than fossil fuels
- what’s coming up on my travel schedule
- + more
Have a listen and give the podcast page some social media love if you like what you hear.
Of course, to stay up to date with the hottest solar and EV news, keep an eye on our solar and EV channels or subscribe to our solar newsletter and EV newsletter (or our overall cleantech newsletter).
Check out our new 93-page EV report.
Join us for an upcoming Cleantech Revolution Tour conference!
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech daily newsletter or weekly newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.