Roger Willhite recently started up the Disruption! solar energy podcast on Second Silicon. He has been interviewing quite a selection of solar rock stars, such as:
- Billy Parish of Mosaic
- Danny Kennedy of Sungevity and SfunCube
- Bob Tregilus of This Week in Energy and Plug In America
- Felix Krause of Milk The Sun
- Tor Valenza (aka Solar Fred) of Unthink Solar
- Giles Parkinson of RenewEconomy (and CleanTechnica)
- John Farrell of The Institute for Local Self Reliance (and CleanTechnica)
- Frank Andorka of Solar Power World
- Jigar Shah of SunEdison (and more cleantech startups than there are days in the month)
- + other notable solar leaders.
He recently interviewed me for the show, which was a great honor and great fun. You can listen to the 55-minute interview here if you’re interested in listening to me ramble. The topics covered in the interview include:
- how I got into blogging on CleanTechnica and Planetsave
- how I got into cleantech
- the origination of CleanTechnica
- energy democratization
- CleanTechnica’s key areas of focus — solar power, wind power, and electric cars
- why I started Solar Love, EV Obsession, and Bikocity
- electric car sales growth in the US and Norway
- electric vehicle awareness
- effective electric vehicle incentives
- disruptive technology adoption curves and exponential growth
- the electric car situation in Europe
- attacks on net metering and renewable energy standards in the US
- the World–China solar trade war
- the barriers to solar deployment in developing countries, where solar is notably cheaper than fossil fuels
- what’s coming up on my travel schedule
- + more
Have a listen and give the podcast page some social media love if you like what you hear.
Of course, to stay up to date with the hottest solar and EV news, keep an eye on our solar and EV channels or subscribe to our solar newsletter and EV newsletter (or our overall cleantech newsletter).
Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
Former Tesla Battery Expert Leading Lyten Into New Lithium-Sulfur Battery Era — Podcast:
I don't like paywalls. You don't like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it! We just don't like paywalls, and so we've decided to ditch ours. Unfortunately, the media business is still a tough, cut-throat business with tiny margins. It's a never-ending Olympic challenge to stay above water or even perhaps — gasp — grow. So ...