Other than our own stories, here’s some top cleantech and climate change news of the past few days:
- Bonnaroo Unveils First Permanent Festival Solar Array
- First Solar Begins Construction of Campo Verde Solar Project
- Arizona’s Black Mountain Solar Project Reaches Completion
- Financing Complete for Largest Solar-Powered US Military Community
- US: Solar Power Plants to Attract Over $20 Billion of Investment by 2016
- Clenergy Wins Bid for 30 MW in China
- GET FiT
- Huge Consolidation in Upstream Solar Predicted for 2013
- Andhra Pradesh Opens 1GW Solar Tender
- Solar Frontier and Development Bank of Japan to Set up PV Investment Firm
- Hanergy Snaps Up MiaSole in Latest Solar Industry Consolidation
- China To Add 49 GW of Renewables in 2013, Solar Stocks Soar
- 9 Crowdfunded Solar Powered Gadgets: Where Are They Now?
- MPowered’s Elegant Luci Solar Lantern Maintains a Single Charge for Three Months!
- Rethinking Wedges: We Need A Lot of Clean Energy To Stabilize Near 2°C Warming So We Better Start Deployment ASAP
- Green Jobs 2.0: Re-Framing The Politics Of Clean Energy Around The Climate-Informed Economy
- Saab Heading To China To Build EVs
- Oregon Considers a Per-Mile Tax for Efficient Vehicles
- Pike Research Forecasts Automotive Li-ion Battery Market to Grow to Almost $22B in 2020; China to Become Global Leader in Production by 2015
- Volkswagen Wants to Be “the Leader in Electrification”
- Unofficial Tesla Model S Production Numbers Revealed
- Can Aluminum Make Electric Cars Cheaper?
- Bob Lutz Says Via Motors’ X-Truck Makes Prius Look Like a ‘Gas Guzzler’
- Vauxhall Ampera: Final Report
- San Francisco: Leading The Way In Hybrid Sales
Other Transport News
- Average Fuel Economy Rose Almost 3 MPG In 4 Years
- Smartphone App for Improving Driving Style; Improved Safety, Lower Fuel Consumption
- California Energy Commission Awards $3.27 Million to 6 Clean Transportation Projects
- Human Activity Continues to Warm the Planet Over the Past 16 Years
- Video And Charts Make Clear The Planet Is Still Warming — And There’s Only One Way To Stop It
- By The Numbers: Breaking Down America’s Hottest Year On Record
- Hacking The Planet: World Economic Forum Raises Concerns About ‘Rogue’ Geoengineering
- Explained in 90 seconds: What the @#% is Climate Change Doing to El Nino?
- Met Office Hits Back at ‘Inaccuracies’ in James Delingpole Article
- Climate Change Set to Make America Hotter, Drier, and More Disaster-Prone
- End Climate Silence Now: Draft Climate Assessment Warns Of Devastating 9°-15°F Warming Over Most Of U.S.
- Bill McKibben – Climate Change is an Environmental and Economic Issue:
- Coal Loses Crown As King Of Power Generation
- Big Oil Lobby Claims The Industry ‘Gets No Subsidies, Zero, Nothing’
- … and Here’s What Gas Flaring Looks Like from Space:
- Chart: Obama Has Protected Fewer Public Lands Than Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, And George W. Bush
- China’s Carbon Intensity Falls Over 3.5% in 2012: Official
- Obama’s First Term: Assessing Progress On Top Energy And Climate Priorities
I don't like paywalls. You don't like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it! We just don't like paywalls, and so we've decided to ditch ours. Unfortunately, the media business is still a tough, cut-throat business with tiny margins. It's a never-ending Olympic challenge to stay above water or even perhaps — gasp — grow. So ...
Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.