As just noted in my solar & wind roundup, if you’re interested in checking out an insane number of solar & wind stories that CleanTechnica hasn’t covered, check out this Google Doc. Whereas, if you’re simply somewhere in between being as cleantech-obsessed as me and feeling sad when you get to the end of our daily CleanTechnica posts, check out these top stories from around the interwebs:
EVs & Hybrids
- Nissan Announces All-New Hybrid System (w/ Video)
- Zero Motorcycles Unleashes Electric Motorcycle Smartphone App
- Honda Fit EV Gets Chosen For Portland Zipcar Fleet
- GM: 20% More Plug-In Hybrid Production In 2013
- 2013 Nissan Leaf Range Gets 15% Boost In Europe, Price Drop
- Tesla vs. The New York Times (Video):
- European Cars Not So Green As Claimed, Study Finds
- How DC Became The US Leader In Bike Sharing
- Hyundai Targets Mass Producing Fuel Cell Cars In “World First”
Activism (Good & Bad)
- Why Do We Need To Become More Powerful Citizens?
- Secret Group Pumping Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollars Into Anti-Wind, Anti-Solar, & Anti-Climate Action Campaigns
- Reality Drop. The Game Where You, Reality, & The Climate Win
- Zayed Future Energy Prize Opens Submissions For 2014 Award In U.S.
- Sequester – John Boehner Makes A Strong Case For Filibuster Reform
- Higher Cancer Risk After Fukushima Nuclear Disaster: WHO (also see: Cancer Risk 70% Higher For Females In Fukushima Area, Says WHO & World Health Organisation Downplays Health Impacts Of Fukushima Nuclear Disaster)
I'm the director of CleanTechnica, the most popular clean energy website in the world, and Planetsave, a leading green and science news site. I've been covering green news of various sorts since 2008, and I've been especially focused on solar energy, electric vehicles, bicycling, and wind energy for the past few years. You can also find my work on Scientific American, Reuters, Think Progress, GE's ecomagination site, several sites in the Important Media network, & many other places. To connect on some of your favorite social networks, go to zacharyshahan.com or click on some of the links below.