Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?



Tesla Model 3 Gobbles 13% of Spain’s BEV Market

Spain is a Tesla-loving country, with 13% of full-electric vehicle (BEV) buyers choosing the Model 3 in the second quarter of 2021, just as they had in the first quarter. Yes, that means the Model 3 held 13% of the Spanish BEV market in the first half of the year.

The next 4 best selling BEV models each had 5% of the market in the second quarter. They were the Kia Niro EV (332 registrations), Seat Mii (311), Volkswagen ID.4 (310), and Renault ZOE (305).

Though, some of those models were late to the party in 2021, so two stand out above the others in the first half of 2021 — the ZOE at 7% share (673 registrations) and the Niro EV at 6% share (579 registrations). The Seat Mii (476 registrations) and Volkswagen ID.4 (473 registrations) stayed in the top 5, though — both with 5% share.

In the first half of 2021, two Peugeot models, the e-208 and e-2008, then completed the top 7 best sellers.

So far in 2021, just 2.1% of new car sales were BEV sales. Another 4.2% of sales were PHEV (plugin hybrid) sales, totaling 6.3% together.

Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!

Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.

Former Tesla Battery Expert Leading Lyten Into New Lithium-Sulfur Battery Era — Podcast:

I don't like paywalls. You don't like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it! We just don't like paywalls, and so we've decided to ditch ours. Unfortunately, the media business is still a tough, cut-throat business with tiny margins. It's a never-ending Olympic challenge to stay above water or even perhaps — gasp — grow. So ...
If you like what we do and want to support us, please chip in a bit monthly via PayPal or Patreon to help our team do what we do! Thank you!
Written By

Zach is tryin' to help society help itself one word at a time. He spends most of his time here on CleanTechnica as its director, chief editor, and CEO. Zach is recognized globally as an electric vehicle, solar energy, and energy storage expert. He has presented about cleantech at conferences in India, the UAE, Ukraine, Poland, Germany, the Netherlands, the USA, Canada, and Curaçao. Zach has long-term investments in Tesla [TSLA], NIO [NIO], Xpeng [XPEV], Ford [F], ChargePoint [CHPT], Amazon [AMZN], Piedmont Lithium [PLL], Lithium Americas [LAC], Albemarle Corporation [ALB], Nouveau Monde Graphite [NMGRF], Talon Metals [TLOFF], Arclight Clean Transition Corp [ACTC], and Starbucks [SBUX]. But he does not offer (explicitly or implicitly) investment advice of any sort.


You May Also Like


Aline repeated this phrase “the good old days” many times as we enjoyed a coffee together in Brisbane, Queensland. I was intrigued by what...

Clean Transport

At the Tesla Semi unveiling in 2017, Elon Musk announced that the all-electric truck would have a range of up to 500 miles on...

Clean Transport

As the popularity of electric vehicles (EVs) continues to rise, Moab, Utah is quickly becoming an important destination for EV owners looking to take...

Clean Transport

One or more Tesla employees have supplied data from inside the company to Handelsblatt, much of it embarrassing to the company.

Copyright © 2023 CleanTechnica. The content produced by this site is for entertainment purposes only. Opinions and comments published on this site may not be sanctioned by and do not necessarily represent the views of CleanTechnica, its owners, sponsors, affiliates, or subsidiaries.