The Tesla Model 3 has officially been updated and the various improvements are now visible on Tesla’s order page for the car.
There are several changes. Let’s have a look at range first:
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus range increases to 263 miles (up from 250)
- Tesla Model 3 Long Range range increases to 353 miles (up from 322)
- Tesla Model 3 Performance range increases to 315 miles (up from 299)
Additionally, all versions of the Model 3 got:
- power lift trunk
- chrome delete (black trim on the handles and such instead of chrome)
- heat pump (more efficient, at least part of the reason for the range boost)
- some interior trim changes to the console
- new/different rims
These changes come in part from things Tesla rolled out with the Model Y when it launched. That includes the first three items on the bullet list above. The other updates were brand new — the interior trim changes and the new rims, which are sort of a mixture of the old base aero rims and the base Tesla Model Y rims.
There are also now special Übertine Wheels on the Performance model.
If you notice any other changes, let us know. Thanks to the EV News Daily Podcast for a quick and early look at the changes on Twitter.
Tesla are updating the Model 3 page with new Power Lift trunk, heat pump, black trim (ie chrome delete), interior updates, updated wheels and faster 0-60!
Model 3 Standard Range +: 263 miles (up from 250)
Long Range 353 miles (up from 322!)
Performance: 315 miles (up from 299) pic.twitter.com/8Nan7oXMyS
— EV News Daily Podcast (@EVNewsDaily) October 16, 2020
Update: reference to improved acceleration has been removed, as it seems I was comparing EU 0–100 km/h times to US 0–60 mph times (which are slightly different, of course).
Have a tip for CleanTechnica? Want to advertise? Want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
CleanTechnica Holiday Wish Book
Our Latest EVObsession Video
CleanTechnica uses affiliate links. See our policy here.