This is the 10th broadcast of CleanTechnica’s weekly news show. We decided to make this series because there is an information overload problem in the world. Just keeping up with the most relevant news is starting to be a full time job.
Some articles can be summarized in one sentence, while others deserve more context. We aim to keep the news show under 20 minutes every time, trying to strike the right balance between time efficiency and depth.
Here are some of the stories covered in this week’s show:
- Climate Change In The Ocean Will Speed Up By 2050 Even If We Cut Emissions
- Siberia Is Experiencing Record Highs — 40 Degrees Above Average
- BYD Announces Prices For Han Electric And Plug-In Hybrid In China
- BYD Qin = China’s Best Selling Electric Vehicle In April (China EV Sales Report)
- US To Halt 1.75 Million Barrels Of Oil Production Per Day (IHS Forecast) — Just The Beginning
- More Diesel Cheating Pain For Volkswagen As German Court Rules For Owners
- Ola Electric Acquires Etergo, Dutch Company Behind Electric AppScooter
- Interviewing Etergo’s CEO: What The Ola Electric Acquisition Means For Etergo, Consumers, & Investors
- German Company Combines Wind, Wave, & Solar Power In One System
- Amazon Going Solar — Big Time
- Amazon Electric Delivery By Rivian Still On Schedule, Rivian Continues Factory Construction
- No Joke — Algeria Plans 4 Gigawatt, 5 Year Solar Power Initiative
- Tesla Cuts Model 3, X, & S Prices Up To 6% In North America, Model Y Unchanged
I don't like paywalls. You don't like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it! We just don't like paywalls, and so we've decided to ditch ours. Unfortunately, the media business is still a tough, cut-throat business with tiny margins. It's a never-ending Olympic challenge to stay above water or even perhaps — gasp — grow. So ...
Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.