Published on October 8th, 2019 | by Zachary Shahan0
Perplexing Accord & Camry Buyers … 7 Year Old Tesla Model S Battery Degradation … Old Nissan LEAF vs. New Tesla Model 3 — Top 20 CleanTechnica Stories in September
October 8th, 2019 by Zachary Shahan
The most popular CleanTechnica article of September did not have “Tesla” in the title, but if you read the piece, you can see the story is closely tied to the Tesla Model 3. The shock I just couldn’t stop shaking was about how many people continue to buy new Toyota Camrys and Honda Accords. Compared to the Model 3, I get it — even if they have the same 5 year cost of ownership (possible), they have a lower upfront price. That said, if $100–200 a month is a dealbreaker for someone looking at these options, my opinion is that they definitely shouldn’t be buying a new car at all. But hey, that’s just my opinion.
The second most popular article concerned the story of a man whose 7 year old Tesla Model S reportedly still has 98% of its original battery capacity. What were those concern trolls (and outright normal trolls) saying about needing to replace a Tesla’s battery pack after a few years?
The third most popular article of the month was Steve Hanley’s useful, funny, unique, thoughtful, and unexpected comparison of an old Nissan LEAF and new Tesla Model 3. You have to read it for the full head-to-head bean counting.
For the remaining most popular stories of the month on CleanTechnica, scroll down! Also, if you appreciate our original, painstaking, sweat-inducing, finger-cramp creating work, please consider becoming a monthly subscriber. You can do so for less than a cup of coffee! And be honest — we wake you up more than coffee sometimes!
- Honda Accord & Toyota Camry Buyers — What The Heck Are You Doing?
- 7 Year Old Tesla Model S At 98% Battery Capacity Today
- Face-Off: 2015 Nissan LEAF S vs. 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR
- Tesla Announces Simple Pricing On Commercial Solar, $1.01/Watt (Will Blow Some Minds)
- This Is What A Tesla Will Soon Sound Like At Low Speeds
- Tesla Is Now Installing Full Self-Driving Hardware 3 Upgrade In Some Cars
- My One Year Service For My Tesla Model 3
- McDonald’s Wants To Charge Your Electric Car
- Toxic Tesla Fandom Is Counterproductive
- Tesla Model S Laps The Nürburgring In 7:23 — Crushing The Porsche Taycan
- 2020 — The Year Of The Tesla Model Y & Other ICE-Killing Crossovers
- Tesla Model 3 vs. Toyota Camry — 5 Year Cost of Ownership Comparisons
- How Much Does The Tesla Semi Weigh?
- Volkswagen ID.3 vs. Nissan LEAF & Hyundai Kona EV — Range & Price Comparisons
- 15 To 20 Foot Sea Level Rise Possible Sooner Rather Than Later
- Tesla Model 3 vs. Mercedes C-Class & Audi A4 — 5 Year Cost of Ownership Comparisons
- Honda E Pricing Announced
- Tesla vs Porsche EV Rivalry Accelerates the Death of Fossil Vehicles
- Chevy Bolt & Tesla Model 3 vs. Toyota Camry — 5 Year Cost Of Ownership
- Elon Musk Announces Plaid Performance Upgrade To Tesla Model S, X, & Roadster!
That’s right — despite the fact that we publish on tons of different cleantech and green lifestyle topics, and don’t often have even 50% of a day’s articles about Tesla — 16 out of the 20 stories above concerned Tesla. That’s 80% of the top 20. Clearly, at least one of two things is true: 1) a ton of people are interested in Tesla news who aren’t that interested in other cleantech or green stuff, and/or 2) our Tesla content is really good. (Of course, there are some other possibilities as well, and Elon Musk’s retweets, responses, and hearts on Twitter don’t hurt.)
Follow CleanTechnica on Google News.
It will make you happy & help you live in peace for the rest of your life.