Published on September 22nd, 2019 | by Sponsored Content0
SPI Happens This Week In Utah — And It’s About So Much More Than Solar
September 22nd, 2019 by Sponsored Content
This week begins one of the largest events in the renewable world — North America Smart Energy Week, which is home to landmark event Solar Power International*.
Join over 700 companies and almost 19,000 industry professionals (and the CleanTechnica team) at this event, which starts Monday in Salt Lake City, Utah. The full show run dates are 23–26 September, so there is still time to get your tix!
If you are unfamiliar with the event, here are some key things to know:
- SPI is the largest energy event in North America.
- This event is one of the 25 fastest-growing trade shows for four years in a row.
- 24 segments of the industry are represented at this event, including installers, contractors, major utility companies, and professionals from the energy storage, smart energy, and hydrogen markets.
- In addition to workshops and demos, there’s over 24 hours of B2B networking across four days.
In recent years, SPI has become so much more than a solar event.
Under the banner of Smart Energy, this year’s event will also include Wind Energy International, Energy Storage International, and – of particular interest to CleanTechnica readers and team – the EV Experience within the Smart Energy Marketplace.
Regardless of your industry or interest, you’ll be able to find lectures and events that align. Below are some of the sample ideas from the different sections.
EV-Focused Education at SPI:
- Half-day EV 101 workshop hosted by EZ-EV.
- Panel sessions and show floor education focusing on EV integration.
- Walking tour of the EV ecosystem.
- Pure EV and PHEV Ride & Drive opportunities hosted by EZ-EV, with multiple vehicles available to check out, including Chevy Volt, Chevy Bolt, Kia Niro PHEV, Kia Optima PHEV, Audi e-tron, Nissan LEAF, BMW i3, and, of course, the Tesla Model 3, S, & X).
- Analysis of SEPA’s recent white paper, A Comprehensive Guide to Manage Charging.
- Click here to see the full EV Experience schedule.
Wind-Focused Education at SPI:
- How to Meet the Corporate Demand for Clean Energy
- Utility-scale Wind – Where Corporate Purchasing of Renewables Began and What Comes Next
- The Acceleration of Renewables in the Intermountain West
- Achieving 100% Clean Energy
- Finance Outlook: Review of 2019 and Perspective on the Year Ahead
- Solar, Wind, and Storage: State Market Updates
- How to Finance A Better (C&I) Portfolio
- Wind Loads for Solar System Design
- Click here to see full Wind Schedule.
Something I’m excited to learn more about is the programming around diversity and inclusion. According to their press release here, “Community Lounge (Booth #7127) [will] feature a complete line-up of programming on exciting new diversity and inclusion initiatives in the renewable industry, as well as a deeper dive into education session topics in a small group Q&A format with featured speakers.” Consciously creating more inclusivity within these industries is imperative: if it’s not energy justice for all, it’s not really energy justice.
Anyone can register onsite at the event, so if you don’t have your ticket yet there is still time to check it out starting today. The event has dozens of events, workshops, and opportunities for networking from Monday at 8am, until Thursday at 1pm. See the full schedule of events here.
*This article was sponsored by SPI and Solar Power Events. CleanTechnica is a Bronze Media partner for the event.
Follow CleanTechnica on Google News.
It will make you happy & help you live in peace for the rest of your life.