Published on April 24th, 2019 | by Jennifer Sensiba0
HPC Promises Power & Strength With The 2019 Scout Pro
April 24th, 2019 by Jennifer Sensiba
Hi-Power Cycles recently announced its new 2019 Scout Pro. The bike promises power and speed in a tough hardtail package.
In the company’s press release, it was pretty clear that Hi-Power Cycles wanted this to be its flagship bicycle. The company spent more than two years and built four prototypes before putting it into production. The end result was a tough and efficient hardtail packing a powerful torque-sensing mid drive system, with 27.5″ tires. Hi-Power Cycles didn’t cheap out on the components, including a factory-tuned DVO Diamond 150mm fork.
The company’s goal is for this to be best performing electric 27.5+ hardtail on the market. Each Scout is built from 6061-T6 aluminum and custom hydroformed tubing that is hand-welded one at a time in California by an experienced expert guided by experienced engineers.
“The Scout Pro represents years of research and development,” said Chris Hunt, co-founder of Hi-Power Cycles. “We are very excited about this E-bike. There is no other hardtail like it and I couldn’t be more proud of our engineers for building such a quality E-Bike.”
Some of the Scout Pro’s features include:
- 80-mile range (160 miles in Eco Mode)
- Top Speed of 45 MPH (with 3000W motor in Off-Road Mode)
- Torque Sensing Mid Drive offering up to 240Nm Torque output
- Intelligent Color Display
- Magura MT7e Quad Piston Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- USA Made Battery System
- Hand-built Wheelset
- Factory Tuned 150mm DVO Diamond Fork
- USA-built 6061 Aluminum Frame
- SRAM EX 1 8 Speed E-Bike Drivetrain or optional Rohloff Speedhub IGH
- Five available power levels: 750W, 1500W, 2000W, 2500W, 3000W
- Hand Assembled in Los Angeles, CA
Retail price starts at $6,995. That’s a lot more expensive than many mass-market eBikes we’ve seen, but the pricing is in line with high-end non-electric mountain bikes. For people shopping in that price bracket, this seems like it could be a solid choice. We hope to be able to do a hands-on review in the coming months. Until then, be sure to subscribe and follow us on social media for the latest updates.