Published on December 11th, 2018 | by Chanan Bos0
Increased Tesla Chatter Around The Wall Street Water Cooler — #Pravduh About #Tesla Report 14
December 11th, 2018 by Chanan Bos
As the title implies, the bulls and bears are back, even if the amount of “vocal” bears have diminished in numbers. At first glance, this might not be very visible. After all, there is less negative news this week. However, if you check the recurring headlines chart, the number of articles related to the stock market has gone up significantly. That doesn’t even include the articles that mention that Tesla might choose to pay off debt with stock.
A few days ago, we released our 3 month #Pravduh review of the individual news publishers. Make sure to check that out if you haven’t done so already. Elon Musk on Twitter said he found it interesting. You might too! Next weekend, we will release part two of the 3 month review, the part that covers the authors who publish the most articles about Tesla.
Before jumping into the numbers, this week, we also want to give a shout-out to Caldeira Entertainment, which was inspired by our #Pravduh reports and decided to do the same for Tesla media articles published in French. Keep it up!
— Caldeira Entertainment (@CaldeiraEntert) December 10, 2018
Also, we wanted to emphasize that each week we share the raw data (headlines and scores). You can scan through yourself if you want to double check our findings or just see the headlines. And you can check out our own Tesla stories for more context and comparison. For details on our methodology and broader context about this weekly analysis, see our previous Pravduh About Tesla report.
#Pravduh About #Tesla
Report #14 (December 1–7)
The next matter on our itinerary is tracking the authors who covered this news. While the whole list is too long to put here since there are many authors who have written just one piece about Tesla, here are the 40 who published more than 7 articles about Tesla since we started tracking on September 1st, ranked from least positive to most positive:
For this entire section, note: At major media outlets, there are often headline writers who control this part of articles, but we find tracking the authors is also interesting and potentially useful for considering what kind of stories the authors tend to write.
What Changed With Tesla Last Week?
Aside from the summary in the intro, here’s a summary of Tesla news and potential news ordered by day. You can consider for yourself what were objectively the important updates in the “Tesla story” last week.
- Tesla surpassed Daimler in market cap (4 Dec)
- Announced Tesla might choose to pay off debt with stock (4 Dec)
- Tesla Model 3 started appearing in European showrooms (4 Dec)
- Elon Musk mentioned interest in buying GM plants (5 Dec)
- Announced Gigafactory 3 would start operation in late 2019 (5 Dec)
Some Sneaky Headlines Last Week
- Tesla Rebounds From Tweet Chaos, Gets Upgrade at Jefferies (Bloomberg)
- Tesla is reportedly planning to pay off its next chunk of convertible debt in an odd way (Business Insider)
- Tesla has big plans for a factory in China — but its lofty ambitions could lead the company to make an old mistake (Business Insider)
- Jefferies upgrades Tesla, predicting 20% rally and reduced role for Musk (CNBC)
- Tesla, smarting from trade war, seeks bids for China Gigafactory construction (Reuters)
The more these #Pravduh About #Tesla reports get shared online through social media, the more people will take notice. If there is an ongoing heavily negative slant about Tesla in certain outlets — even as Tesla has so much positive news to share — people should be aware of this and should approach each new story with that in mind.