The 20 most popular CleanTechnica articles in October are listed below. Before running through the list, though, I’ll summarize a few key groupings.
Tesla Model 3 featured highly in the rankings, with the #1 article, #3 article, and #6 article being stories about the Model 3’s “total cost of ownership” compared to some other popular cars. The Model 3’s ranking as the top-selling American car took the #5 spot and its role as automotive lightning #10.
We also had quite a bit of fun chatting about the Tesla Model Y, and readers did too, as automotive industry thunder and as a “Tesla killer” killer. An overall Tesla sales bonanza was particularly popular as well, demonstrating Tesla’s growth and leadership in 18 charts. Some of those supplemented a story about 8 “impossible goals” Tesla has achieved. There were several other Tesla stories as well, but you can scroll down for those.
There were some popular non-Tesla stories, of course, such as an intro article about our brand new 2018 electric car driver report (more than 100 pages), typhoon-proof offshore wind turbines, electric bike fatalities & injuries, and a scoop I got on an electric SUV planned by Nissan with a price target around $45,000.
- Tesla Model 3 Total Cost of Ownership Estimate — Crushing It
- #1 Highest Grossing Car In USA = Tesla Model 3 … Model Y Will Crush “Tesla Killers” … German Wake-Up Call — #CleanTechnica Top 20 in September
- Toyota Camry & Honda Accord Buyers, Don’t Assume Tesla Model 3 Is Beyond Your Budget
- 18 Nasty Tesla Charts
- Tesla Model 3 Is #1 Top Selling American Car In USA
- Sorry, Elon — I Overestimated The Costs Of The Tesla Model 3
- 8 “Impossible” Goals Tesla Achieved
- Regarding Tesla [TSLA], Let’s All Calm Down
- Electric Car Drivers: Desires, Demands, & Dreams — New CleanTechnica Report
- Tesla Model 3 = Lightning, Model Y = Thunder
- Lessons Learned From 6 Months With The Tesla Powerwall
- The “Tesla Killers” Tesla Model Y Will Crush … Model 3 Lightning & Model Y Thunder — #CleanTechnica Top 20
- Tesla Has 14+ Demand Levers It Can Pull
- How To Typhoon-Proof Offshore Wind Turbines
- 4 “Tesla Killers” Ready To Be Crushed By Tesla Model Y
- Tesla Is 2 Years Ahead Of Schedule On Gigafactory 1
- Scoop: Nissan Electric SUV Price Target = $45,000
- Tesla — More Than An Auto Company
- Electric Bicycle Fatalities & Injuries Are Rising
- New BMW 3 Series Too Little, Too Late To Slow Tesla Model 3 Disruption
Honorable mention since statistics can be funny: Tesla Model S Still #1 Large Luxury Car In USA — By Far.
Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
Former Tesla Battery Expert Leading Lyten Into New Lithium-Sulfur Battery Era — Podcast:
I don't like paywalls. You don't like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it! We just don't like paywalls, and so we've decided to ditch ours. Unfortunately, the media business is still a tough, cut-throat business with tiny margins. It's a never-ending Olympic challenge to stay above water or even perhaps — gasp — grow. So ...