I still remember seeing for the first time massive electric B1 SUV from the US company Bollinger Motors at the Los Angeles Auto Show. It was bold. It was also curious. Why an enormous electric SUV when everyone is turning their attention toward smaller and more efficient cars?
Bollinger Is Electric Efficiency Off & On Roads
It turned out, the first Bollinger B1 is not only impressive, but is well designed, well thought out, and makes sense if you need to drive off-road. Need to go to get some 4″ by 4″? The trunk opens and shows a hollow tunnel that stretches all the way to the front. Want to go skiing? No problem. The skis fit neatly in the middle.
Based on the B1, the Bollinger Motors B2 also uses air suspension. This pickup truck version opens the rear loading area of the original B1 for more room.
The new Bollinger B2 and the original B1 are switching to CCS, which takes 75 minutes for a full charge. Level 2 charging takes 10 hours.
The vehicle has an aluminum body, like a Tesla Model S, yet so different.
Here are the more in-depth specs and more images:
- Dual Motor, Front and Rear
- 520 Horsepower
- 514 ft-lb Torque
- 6.5 Second 0-60 MPH
- 100 MPH Top Speed
- 9.6 Power/Weight Ratio
- 15” Ground Clearance
- 10” Wheel Travel
- (10” to 20” Variable Ground Clearance)
- 5001 LB. Payload Capacity
- 7500 LB Towing Capacity
- Geared Axle Hubs
- 11.75” Vented Brakes
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Inboard Discs
- 120 kWh Battery Pack
- 200 Mile EPA Range (est)
- 70.2 MPGe (est)
- Level 1 and 2 Charging: J1772 Port (110v & 220v)
- Level 3 Charging: CCS Port (DC Fast)
- Regenerative Braking
- 10 hour Level 2 (220v) Charging Time
- 75 minute Level 3 (DC Fast) Charging Time
- 5000 LB Curb Weight
- 10,0001 LB GVWR
- 45/55 Weight Balance
- 139” Wheelbase
- 207.5” Length
- 77.2” Width (no mirrors)
- 89.0” Width (with mirrors)
- 72.7” Height
- 66.2” Front Track
- 66.2” Rear Track
- 52° Approach Angle
- 25° Break Over Angle
- 28° Departure Angle
- 4 Passenger
- 4’ 1” Bed Width
- 5’9” Bed Length
- 8’2” Bed Length (cab wall open, rear seats removed)
- 16’ Internal Length Front to Rear (liftgates closed)
- 19’4” Internal Length Front to Rear (liftgates open)
- 14 Cubic Feet Frunk Storage Capacity
- 13” W x 14”H Patented Pass-Through
- 24 2x4s Fit Through Patented Passthrough
- 72 Sheets of 4’x8’ 1/2 Plywood fit with Rear Seats Removed
Bollinger Motors B1 & B2 Family Is Growing
We’re living interesting times when we can buy electric uni-wheels all the way up to a true electric SUV. Bollinger Motors answers a specific need that will only grow in the future as inefficient gasoline SUVs and pickup trucks finally get the rest they need.
Don't want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.