Published on March 10th, 2017 | by Cynthia Shahan0
EVgo Opens Its 900th EV Fast Charger In USA At Simon’s Opry Mills
March 10th, 2017 by Cynthia Shahan
Cheer up and charge on is one of the most positive new philosophies I’ve been exposed to. It’s based on hopeful futures, especially thanks to cleaner air, a stable climate, and safer transport. Many people and companies are bringing about this more positive future. One of those companies is EVgo, which has built the nation’s largest network of public EV fast-charging stations. Here’s another spot of bright news from EVgo: EVgo has opened its 900th US fast charger for electric cars.
As a Nissan LEAF driver, I can say it is nice to have a bounty of chargers, but even better if there are faster charging choices at key destinations or along key routes. Now, at Simon’s Opry Mills in Nashville (Tennessee), EVgo and Simon Property Group, a global retail real estate company, offer just that and set an impressive EVgo milestone.
The EVgo press release provided some details: “The completed station at 433 Opry Mills Drive includes two 480V Fast Chargers manufactured by BTC Power. Each one can deliver a 50 kilowatt charge at the same time, which provides 80 percent State of Charge in 30 minutes, or about 150 miles of range per hour.”
Terry O’Day, Vice President, Product Strategy and Market Development at EVgo, highlighted the company’s focus on creating great experiences/lifestyles for EV drivers: “EVgo’s 900th fast charger location offers exceptional retail shopping and dining to give drivers options while they utilize the fastest public chargers on the market. It is also an important milestone for EVgo demonstrating rapid growth. By providing better service at faster speeds in more great places, EVgo is opening new markets for electric cars.”
“As Simon’s growing network of state-of-the-art electric vehicle charging stations expands in the U.S., it continues to illustrate our commitment to delivering a more sustainable shopping experience that is also convenient for our guests,” said Mona Benisi, Senior Director of Sustainability at Simon. “Adding car charging stations underscores the many opportunities we have as a company to incorporate sustainable practices into our day-to-day operations.”
Here are some more stats from EVgo:
- On an average week EVgo charges up to 380,000 miles and saves 15,500 gallons of gasoline from being used.
- A single EVgo charger can charge 48 cars in a 24-hour period, if each vehicle is plugged in for 30 minutes, which provides up to 80 percent charge in most EVs on the road today.
- EVgo offers exemplary service by owning and operating its own charging stations, something competitors can’t offer.
- EVgo utilizes a variety of flexible charging solutions including pay-as-you-go, low-cost membership charging plans and unlimited charging plans for customers of partner OEMs, including BMW, Nissan and Ford.
- EVgo offers dual chargers that cover all EVs, utilizing both CHAdeMO and CCS standards.
- EVgo’s DC Fast chargers provide approximately 150 miles of range per hour at a charging rate of 50kW.
Follow CleanTechnica on Google News.
It will make you happy & help you live in peace for the rest of your life.