Miss some of our stories this past week? Below were the 20 most popular, followed by my 30 favorites of the week. Also, remember, you can get our free daily newsletter to not miss anything or you can get our free weekly newsletter to always catch these roundup posts.
- 7,000 Railways Stations In India To Go Solar
- Ford: Skip Level 3 Autonomous Cars — Even Engineers Supervising Self-Driving Vehicle Testing Lose “Situational Awareness”
- Denmark Generated Enough Wind Energy To Power All Its Electricity Needs On Wednesday
- Tesla May Be Hinting Model 3 Could Be Coming Sooner Than Expected (via EV Annex)
- Chevy Bolt Review From BMW i3 Owner (Test Drive Review)
- 32 Hours Of Marathon Bidding Yields Record-Smashing 4.9¢/kWh Solar Tariffs In India
- Kia To Introduce All-Electric Niro In 2018
- Why The US Army, Navy, & Military Veterans Love Solar Power & Electric Vehicles (via Solar Love)
- If White House Destroys The State (As Desired), What Does That Mean For Solar, Wind, & Electric Cars?
- Tesla Model 3 Progress, Gigafactories 1–5, Tesla Insurance … (Tesla 4th Quarter & 2016 Financials Call & Report)
- Tesla vs Uber — #TrumpEffect & Branding
- IKEA Growroom Is A DIY Sustainable Garden For City Dwellers
- Et Tu, Arizona? Red State Solar Cell Researchers Team Up With Blue State
- The Rise Of The Stealth Plug-In (aka, The Day Plug-In Vehicles Went Mainstream)
- Video Of Siemens Electric Plane With 260 kW Motor
- Look Out! Local Scientist Lobs Solar Glitter Bomb At Fossil Fuels!
- Renault Zoe Starts 2017 Strong — #1 In Europe, Followed By BMW i3, Nissan LEAF, & VW Passat GTE
- 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid & Electric: First Drive Impression
- IIHS Ratings For 2017 Chevy Volt & 2017 Toyota Prius Prime In Top Category, Tesla Model S Working On It (Videos)
- Los Angeles Maven To Get “More Than 100” Chevy Bolt EVs
How about my favorites? As always, it’s hard to decide, but here are 30:
100% wind electricity in Denmark is insane … in such an awesome way.
Speaking of 100% renewables, gotta love the UK’s Squeaky.
But Big Renewables are spreading all over the world now, not just in Europe, with this week’s biggest stories being a 1.8 gigawatt solar project in the UAE and an overall solar pipeline of 5.7 gigawatts in the Middle East & North Africa region.
Derek’s review of the 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Electric was superb — definitely worth a read if you missed that.
Norway is still in a league of its own relatively speaking, though, with 37% of new cars now being electric.
LG Chem lifting its battery production capacity is another good sign.
And I think I have to like my own original piece for EV-Box’s rEVolution blog, which is a preview of what I will talk about in Amsterdam next month.
The electric car revolution may be far ahead of the electric plane revolution, but it’s certainly exciting to see the initial seeds of commercial electric airplanes.
A 100 car all-electric taxi fleet is hard to not get overly excited about as well, and that was matched by Maven getting 100 Chevy Bolts in LA, but both of those were beaten by Dubai ordering 200 Teslas for electric taxis.
First solar–wind hybrid power plant in US? What took so long?
Speaking of late arrivals, I also loved Susan’s take on renewable energy from the EU finally getting into Russia — as well as her piece on who benefits if Russian oil sanctions end.
On the flip side, looking at oil & gas, fracking seems to be causing more leaks than expected, and oil & gas wells being linked to childhood leukemia is clearly depressing even if it’s not surprising.
Speaking of disturbing shit … we have a White House that intends to destroy the state, a new head of an EPA that used to copy & paste letters from the oil & gas industry as his state’s attorney general. Preterm births, deaths, and suffering are certain to rise under Trump’s and Pruitt’s EPA.
TeslaMondo is maybe my favorite blog — so funny and so good at pulling critical points out of the haze. This one’s a must-read.
This is just awesome: “$1.8 Billion Of India’s Coal Tax Invested In Renewable Energy So Far.”
As is this: “7,000 Railways Stations In India To Go Solar.”
Despite all of the wonderful stories above, this one might be my favorite of the week: “Hidden Taxes.”
Have a tip for CleanTechnica? Want to advertise? Want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
CleanTechnica Holiday Wish Book
Our Latest EVObsession Video
CleanTechnica uses affiliate links. See our policy here.