It’s that time of year again — time to enter the Masdar blogging contest* for a chance to win a trip to Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week! Well, not just a trip — the winner (flight + accommodation covered by Masdar) joins the VIP Media group for exclusive opportunities and access at several key events, to leading cleantech projects, and with global cleantech leaders.
This year’s contest topic is basically ideal for CleanTechnica readers:
Here’s the more complete prompt: “Masdar’s Global GenZ Sustainability Survey, launched at COP22, revealed much insight into young citizens’ perspective: they see climate change as the biggest threat over the next decade. In your view, what will be the most important technological development over the next 10 years that will have the greatest impact in reducing climate change risks?”
The most important clean technology innovation for the next 10 years? Honestly, with so many options on the table, I think that’s a tough one. But it’s also a fun and exciting topic to write about and I’m sure many of you have strong opinions about (and arguments for) one technology solution or another. I’ll have to brainstorm a bit more to determine my response. In the meantime, I hope to read some of yours!
Trying not to lead anyone too much, I’ll just highlight that this solution could concern electric cars, solar energy, wind energy, robotaxis, energy storage, water desalination, the hyperloop, etc. The solution can be technical, related to policy, or related to a certain business or nonprofit approach.
To enter, you just submit one of the following:
- A video explaining your point of view, no longer than 3 minutes; please include a 100-word summary — (post on YouTube and provide the URL to Masdar here) – OR –
- A multimedia presentation, which can include video clips, photos, charts, animation, or other features that get your views across; please include a 100-word summary (post on your preferred platform and provide the URL to Masdar here) – OR –
- A 500- to 700-word written blog that articulates your ideas (cross-post on your blog and send the URL to Masdar here, or send in MS Word to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will be in Abu Dhabi to cover the wonderful week of cleantech presentations, the Zayed Future Energy Prize awards ceremony, project announcements, etc., so I’d love it if a CleanTechnica reader won this year and we could meet up and enjoy the conference together. This is a hard conference to beat — maybe the best in the cleantech industry. (Well, technically, it’s a full week of multiple conferences and events.)
Please join in the competition by submitting an entry. If you don’t have a blog to publish on and want to enter an article, we can perhaps publish it here on CleanTechnica — just drop me a note in the comments.
If the above contest info isn’t enough for you, here are more detailed instructions on how to enter:
How to Enter to Masdar Engage Blogging Contest
- Create your submission, post it, and post a link (as in a YouTube or blog URL) within the comments section of the 2017 Masdar Engage Contest page (if you are unsure of where to post, or in the case of written submissions you do not have a blog, you may send submissions to email@example.com).
- We encourage you share your contributions on all social media channels, using the hashtag #WorldIn2026. It is also recommended to share your social media posts related to your submitted content on Masdar’s Thunderclap platfor
m. IMPORTANT: Leave a comment on the 2017 Masdar Engage Contest page with a link to your post AND do not forget to mention the 2017 Masdar Engage Blogging Contest within your submission and the platforms on which you are sharing your content.
- Qualifying content will be posted on the Masdar web site. Limit one (1) entry per person.
- Winning Selection: A judging panel will review qualifying entries and will weigh: a) the overall quality of the submission, b) the number of votes for the post on the Masdar Engage website; c) and the number of Tweets, Facebook “Likes” and “Shares” through social channels (on both Masdar and the writer’s websites). Voting will continue until January 7, 2017.
- Prize: One winner will be selected for a paid trip to Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week during mid-January 2017, will be honored as Masdar’s VIP Social Media Influencer throughout Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week, and will post regular updates during the event. The winner may also be asked to participate in an event during Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week. The winner must be able to arrive in Abu Dhabi in time for the opening ceremony on Monday, 16 January 2017, and must be able to stay in Abu Dhabi through 19 or 20 January 2017.
- Prize Restrictions: Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. If the winner resides within a 100-mile radius of Abu Dhabi, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation. Winners are responsible for having valid travel documents, including a passport. Employees of Masdar, its partners and subsidiaries are not eligible for Masdar’s Engage blogging contest.
- Entry Requirements: Submissions must be the original work of the entrant; may not have been used previously for public display; must be suitable for publication; may not be promotional endorsements for brands or companies; and may not contain any copyrighted works owned by other parties. Entries will be reviewed for compliance with these rules before being published and/or judged. Masdar makes the final determination as to what entries are eligible.
- Commercial Use of Entries: Submission of an entry grants Masdar the unconditional, irrevocable, worldwide right to publish, use, edit and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant, winning or not.
*Disclosure: Note that this article was sponsored by Masdar. But, yeah, we totally love this contest and Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week as a whole.