As Elon Musk expected, Tesla’s acquisition of SolarCity (SCTY) was overwhelmingly approved by shareholders. Over 85% of TSLA shareholders approved.
Interestingly, that matches up quite closely with reader surveys we conducted. In our initial survey, 74% of respondents supported the acquisition. In our second survey a few months later (in mid October), 89% of respondents supported the acquisition.
Looks like CleanTechnica readers (who decided to vote on the surveys) match up well with the overall TSLA investment community. Or maybe we just got lucky. 🙂
We’ve commented on this acquisition at length already, so rather than rehash the same points, I’ll just recommend reading some of those stories if you missed them:
- Tesla Solar On Doorstep To Domination — Tesla’s $2.6 Billion SolarCity Acquisition & The Future
- What Tesla & SolarCity Could Offer Together (CleanTechnica Exclusive by Jigar Shah)
- Sunrun (A Top Solar Installer): Tesla’s SolarCity Acquisition = Sweet Deal For Tesla
- Tesla & SolarCity Announce Voting Date For Acquisition — 10 Big SolarCity Stories From Recent Months
- Institutional Shareholder Services: Tesla’s SolarCity Acquisition A Good Idea
- Musk Says Tesla Merger With SolarCity Is A No Brainer, Provides Numbers
- Tesla & SolarCity Prepare For World Domination (Original Reporting)
- 74% Of Cleantech Enthusiasts Support Tesla’s SolarCity Acquisition Offer
- Cost Of Solar Systems From SolarCity vs Sunrun & Vivint Solar, + Cost Per Watt Of Solar Sales/Acquisition
Of course, I’d also still love to see CleanTechnica community reactions to the acquisition down in the comments. Chime in if you have fresh thoughts!
Here’s Tesla’s full statement on the news:
Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Receives Shareholder Approval