Published on November 13th, 2016 | by Cynthia Shahan0
Nissan Celebrates 75,000 Electric Vehicles Sales In Europe
November 13th, 2016 by Cynthia Shahan
Nissan, as a foreshadow of its “Intelligent Mobility” vision, has been providing all-electric vehicles that are great to drive, comfortable, technologically innovative, and superb aesthetically to hundreds of thousands of people around the world. The EVs are zero emissions leaders and provide great reliability. As the latest milestone, Nissan recently passed 75,000 EV sales in Europe.
The Nissan EVs are the Leaf and the e-NV200. Within the realm of and the production of all-electric vehicles, Nissan starts and finishes as a premier choice.
Nissan all-electric vehicles continue to satisfy owners all around the globe. Driving electric stops all kinds of pollution problems and offers a swift disconnect from smelly gasoline and it’s awful fumes. Nissan is doing more than a small part to provide fabulous EV options.
“The European EV market moves with increasing momentum as Nissan LEAF sales are up 10 percent and e-NV200 sales are up 34 percent in the first half of FY16 — European Nissan sales are compared with the same period last year.”
Nissan announced on Nov 8. that the latest European figures (75,000 Nissan EVs) also provide only a slice of a broader achievement: “This momentous milestone follows the recent announcement that 260,000 Nissan EVs have been sold worldwide, reinforcing Nissan’s vision for a zero-emission future as the brand continues to make Intelligent Mobility a reality.”
Quoting Gareth Dunsmore, Director of Electric Vehicles at Nissan Europe, “Europe’s electric vehicle market is growing at an extraordinary pace as motorists across the continent switch on to the multiple benefits that electric mobility provides.”
The LEAF’s 30 kWh battery is now offering 155 miles in driving range. As many as 4,000 quick chargers are installed across Europe. Driving an electric car is more practical for many people, who benefit from the convenience of home charging, maybe workplace charging, and an occasional quick charge. No doubt EVs are the gateway to a zero-emission future and Nissan will go down in history as one of the leaders.
Here are some more stats on Nissan’s presence in the UK:
- Nissan Sunderland Plant produces the Nissan Qashqai, Note and Juke and the 100% electric Nissan LEAF.
- Production of lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles began in 2012.
- Total plant volume since 1986 stands at more than eight million units with 80 per cent of production exported to 100 markets worldwide.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.6 billion.
- 476,589 units were produced at Sunderland plant in 2015.
- In 2015, one in three cars built in the UK was a Nissan.
- Sunderland Plant currently employs more than 6,700 people.
- Nissan’s European Design Centre is located in Paddington, London and employs around 65 people.
- Nissan’s European Technical Centre is based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire and employs around 1,000 people.
- Nissan’s sales and marketing headquarters in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire employs around 220 people.
- Nissan UK European RD Facility Installs Vehicle-to-Grid Technology
- Renault-Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn: 7000-8000 Renault EV Is The Aim For China
All photos provided by Nissan, via Newspress