Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Clean Power

Google Partners In Consortium To Source Power From Dutch Renewable Energy

Google has announced it is partnering with AkzoNobel, DSM, and Philips in a consortium which has agreed to a long-term agreement to jointly source power from renewable energy projects in the Netherlands.

The consortium agreement was announced this week on Google’s new The Keyword blog by Francois Sterin, Google’s Director of Global Infrastructure. Google is keeping itself on track to meet its goal of powering 100% of its operations from renewable energy, and this latest agreement will not only contribute towards the company’s operations in the Netherlands, but is also intended to help the Netherlands meet its own renewable energy target of 14% by 2020.

The consortium’s first agreement as part of its larger long-term collaboration purchase is a commitment to purchase the entire production from a new wind farm established by a cooperative of 4,000 people in the province of Zeeland. Upon completion, which is expected in 2019, 5% of the project’s output will go towards the shareholders, with the remaining 95% split between the four consortium holders.

This follows Google’s purchase of 236 MW of renewable energy from two wind farms being developed in Norway and Sweden, announced back in July.

I don't like paywalls. You don't like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it! We just don't like paywalls, and so we've decided to ditch ours. Unfortunately, the media business is still a tough, cut-throat business with tiny margins. It's a never-ending Olympic challenge to stay above water or even perhaps — gasp — grow. So ...
If you like what we do and want to support us, please chip in a bit monthly via PayPal or Patreon to help our team do what we do! Thank you!
Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!

Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.

Written By

I'm a Christian, a nerd, a geek, and I believe that we're pretty quickly directing planet-Earth into hell in a handbasket! I also write for Fantasy Book Review (, and can be found writing articles for a variety of other sites. Check me out at for more.


You May Also Like


Lynk & Co is the #1 best selling car in the overall Dutch auto market.


Looking at the charging infrastructure in Europe is not something that makes me happy. A new website shows just how bad the situation is....


After the stagnation during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic and the following supply chain problems, Dutch BEV sales are back on a growth...


China's Lynk & Co Rules The Netherlands

Copyright © 2023 CleanTechnica. The content produced by this site is for entertainment purposes only. Opinions and comments published on this site may not be sanctioned by and do not necessarily represent the views of CleanTechnica, its owners, sponsors, affiliates, or subsidiaries.