Published on September 19th, 2016 | by James Ayre0
Updated BMW C Evolution Electric Scooter For USA, Japan, Russia, South Korea, & Original Markets
September 19th, 2016 by James Ayre
BMW Group first launched the C Evolution electric scooter, an all-electric scooter outfitted with a decent range, a couple of years back.
An updated version of the electric scooter is now slated for release in the near future, following the full unveiling at the Mondial de L’Automobile in Paris 2016.
All photos provided by BMW
The new C Evolution, in addition to being given an improved range and improved performance, will be released in a number of major markets that earlier versions weren’t, including the USA, Russia, Japan, and South Korea.
With regard to the improved range referenced above, there will be two different options available: a “long-range” version, and a European version (to meet A1 driving license requirements). Notably, the new C Evolution scooters will feature the same “next-gen” batteries as the new, updated BMW i3.
The BMW press release notes: “In the new C evolution Long Range the continuous output is 19 kW (26 hp), 8 kW (11 hp) more than in the predecessor model, while the range has been significantly extended to approximately 160 kilometers [~100 miles]. The top speed is 129 km/h (electronically limited) [~80 miles/hour]. In the A1 driving licence version (Europe only), the new C evolution has an output of 11 kW (15 hp). The range here is around 100 kilometers, with a top speed of 120 km/h.”
Here’s an overview of some of the other new features:
- Innovative electric drive via drivetrain swing arm with liquid-cooled e‑motor, tooth belt and planetary gear.
- Long Range version: 19 kW (26 hp) continuous output and 35 kW (48 hp) peak output.
- A1 driving licence version (Europe only): 11 kW (15 hp) continuous output and 35 kW (48 hp) peak output.
- Intelligent recuperation in coasting mode and when braking.
- Standard charge cable with smaller diameter.
- Short charging times possible.
- Synergy effects with BMW automobiles and electrical safety according to car standards.
- Hybrid chassis with agile handling due to low centre of gravity.
- Powerful braking system with ABS.
- Extensive range of standard features including multifunctional TFT instrument cluster, LED daytime running light, LED turn indicators, several riding modes, reverse assist and Torque Control Assist (TCA).
- New paint finishes Ionic Silver metallic / Electric Green.
- High-end details such as tinted windshield and colour seat seams.
Follow CleanTechnica on Google News.
It will make you happy & help you live in peace for the rest of your life.