Published on July 10th, 2016 | by Zachary Shahan4
Join Me In Florida — EV Summit Returns
July 10th, 2016 by Zachary Shahan
Presenting at and covering the EV Transportation & Technology Summit in Cocoa, Florida, last year was a genuine pleasure and very informative. I’m happy to share that (despite my wife’s immigration visa being in limbo for ~9 months longer than it’s supposed to be … and counting) I’ll be presenting at the 2nd annual EV Transportation & Technology Summit in October. Actually, I’ll be giving presentations and moderating panels this time.
The dates are October 17–20, 2016, and the location is again Cocoa, Florida — at the University of Central Florida’s Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC).
The 2016 schedule is filling out with some interesting topics, and I’m sure it will have a great, packed lineup by the time of the event. From the website, here’s a quick rundown of conference topics:
Technology and Planning
- EV technology workshops
- EV R&D and the Future
- Automated and Connected EVs
- Electric Vehicle Grid Integration
- EV & CAV Future
- Driving the Decision, Life-Cycles of EV Transportation
- EV environmental, social and economic life-cycle assessment
Policy and the Transportation Future
- EVs and TPOs
- Transportation’s Direction
- EV Legislative Perspectives
- The FAST Act, Funding Future Transportation
- An OEM’s Perspective
From my experience there last year, I’d say that the event would be interesting for just about any CleanTechnica readers — well, at least the ones who are going to open an article about EVs! But the website highlights the following as targeted attendees:
- Transportation planners (MPOs, TPOs and DOTs)
- Planning, design and policy analysis consulting firms
- Power service providers
- Governmental and private sustainability managers
- Large-scale employers
- Automobile manufactures, dealers and associations
- Fleet managers
As a refresher, presentations and articles I recorded, wrote, and published from last year’s EV Summit are here:
- Importance of Tesla Superchargers, Battery Upgrades, Electric Car Benefits… (My EV Summit Presentation)
- Exclusive Video On GM’s Electric Vehicle Path, Plans, & Highlights
- Utilities Working To Be EV Pioneers (Exclusive Video)
- PlugShare & West Coast Electric Highway (Exclusive Video)
- Electrifying Fleets — Orlando’s Example (Exclusive Video)
- Our Autonomous Driving Future, Transportation Planning For EVs (EV Obsession Videos)
- Drive Electric Orlando & Drive Electric Florida Electrifying
- EV 101 (Video)
Whether you live in Florida, California, Oregon, Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, or Antarctica, I invite you and hope to see you at this year’s EV Summit — the prices are extremely reasonable.
Follow CleanTechnica on Google News.
It will make you happy & help you live in peace for the rest of your life.