Published on February 13th, 2016 | by Cynthia Shahan1
In-Depth Video Review: 2016 Tesla Model X P90D Signature With Ludicrous Mode
February 13th, 2016 by Cynthia Shahan
Originally published on EV Obsession.
Clean air solutions, Elon Musk, and Nikola Tesla brighten up the news. Tesla Motors has become a legend in its own right, and Elon thinks the new Tesla Model X is the best car on the planet. Here is an in-depth video walkthrough of the Model X, thanks to Kyle Lindsey, comparing, listing, and imparting without exception each aspect of the powertrain and technical faculties of a Tesla Model X P90D (Signature series with Ludicrous mode).
He follows with the infotainment center (the 17-inch touchscreen that appears as an elongated oversized tablet) and luxury characteristic.
Along with each feature that Lindsey thoroughly explains, he discerns the depth of color found in each Tesla — reviewed and priced. An inside look at the amenities in the second seat and the optional 3rd seats — this Tesla comfortably fits 7 adults for repose during travel. Based on the loved Model S, the Model X (as many of you know) is found in 3 choices, 70D, 90D, and P90D. This video just takes a look at the top-of-the-line option, of course.
Lindsey’s YouTube channel also shares specific timestamps for various topics under the video, which I’m sharing under the embedded video here as well.
- Using the key fob/color/Initial start-up sequence: 0:51
- Steering/transmission/AWD dual motors: 2:29
- Performance/ludicrous mode/economy: 4:46
- Exterior walk around/styling/discussion/background, etc: 8:01
- Falcon wing doors: 10:39
- Wheels/tires/brakes/suspension: 13:48
- Interior quality/design/comfort/panoramic windshield: 16:48
- Static/on road driving shots: 19:43
- Interior tech and features: 21:37
- 2nd/3rd row seat space and amenities: 31:57
- Cargo space: 37:51
Regarding pricing for the Model X, “MSRP pricing, before options, begins at $80,000. Pricing for a P90D begins around $115,000. A fully loaded example with all options possible will likely be just north of $150,000.”