Here at Important Media, we’re bullish on Tesla electric vehicles, and aside from a little recent car rating drama, Tesla Motors has shown what it takes to get to, and to stay at, the top of the list for both EV brand awareness and customer desirability. However, not everyone can fit a new Tesla model into their budget, so it’s quite likely that for many of us, the desirability might remain, even as we’re pricing another company’s offerings, even if their vehicles aren’t everything we’d want in a car.
The good news is that even if you can’t pony up the full purchase price of a Tesla Model S, you can get your name in the hat for a chance to win one, courtesy of the Illinois Solar Energy Association (ISEA). $100 will garner you a single entry to the raffle, and $300 will buy four tickets, with a total of 2000 raffle tickets being sold for this event.
The ISEA is a nonprofit education and advocacy group working toward more widespread deployment of solar energy (and other renewables), and as such, is something we’re also very much in support of here at CleanTechnica. Considering the wide array of impending changes coming down the pike that could affect rooftop solar (such as potential state net metering policy changes, the sunset of the federal Investment Tax Credit, utility-mandated grid fees for solar customers, etc), solar advocacy organizations like the ISEA are important front-line groups that keep advocating for a cleaner, more efficient, and more cost-effective renewable energy future.
Here’s the scoop for the ISEA Tesla Model S raffle:
- $100 for one ticket
- $300 for 4 tickets ($100 discount)
- A maximum of 2,000 tickets will be raffled off.
- The drawing will be held at 7:00pm CST on December 10, 2015, during ISEA’s annual membership meeting.
- The ISEA Board President will call winner (if they are not at the meeting).
- The winner gets to design their own Model S.
- All taxes, fees, assessments, title and registration fees, destination charges, delivery, insurance and like charges associated with the receipt or use of the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner.
This offer is open to US residents only. For Illinois residents, ISEA is also offering raffle tickets to a home solar PV system, with tickets to that selling for $40 each, or three tickets for $100.
To purchase a ticket (or more), go to the ISEA online store.
*This article was kindly sponsored by ISEA.
Don't want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.