Published on October 1st, 2015 | by Zachary Shahan15
“Most Advanced Vehicle On The Planet” — BMW i3?
October 1st, 2015 by Zachary Shahan
Originally published on EV Obsession.
A “jd525” recently shared a super interesting video about the BMW i3 on the BMW i forum. (Surprising place to find such a thing, eh?) To be specific, it is a Forbes video in which engineers from Munro & Associates display and talk about some of the cool things they found when reverse engineering the BMW i3.
Without a doubt, these guys were impressed with the vehicle. One of them called it “the most advanced vehicle on the planet” and compared it to the Ford Model T. Hard to say it deserves such a comparison, but I’m definitely a fan of the vehicle.
Some of the things these engineers loved were the use of carbon fiber, how the “Life Module” was designed and how well it protects passengers, and the way BMW split up the battery pack. For details, check out the video:
More stuff to consider when deciding which EV to lease. For more on that, see: Tesla Model S vs BMW i3 vs Nissan LEAF — My Dilemma (and many more comments on that article here).
- Great BMW i3 Review (In-Depth Video)
- BMW i3 Review (+ VIDEO)
- World Green Car Of The Year Is BMW i3
- BMW i3 = 2015 Green Car of the Year
- How’s Driving On The BMW i3’s REx?
- Hacking A BMW i3
- BMW Highlights i Brand & Electric Cars At Frankfurt Motor Show
- BMW’s Lightweight Design Center Begins Construction
- BMW Investing $200 Million To Triple Carbon Fiber Production
- BMW Wants To Bring Carbon Fiber Costs Down 90%
- Rumor: Apple Wanted To Use BMW i3
- Ranking Automakers On Their Electric Commitment (Top 10 List)
- Most Fuel Efficient Cars In 2015 (USA) — BMW i3 is #1
Check out our new 93-page EV report, based on over 2,000 surveys collected from EV drivers in 49 of 50 US states, 26 European countries, and 9 Canadian provinces.