Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

CleanTechnica

Green Economy

SunEdison Set To Acquire Central America’s Leading Renewable Energy Company

SunEdison has announced plans for yet another acquisition, as the world’s largest renewable energy project developer intends to expand its footprint around the world.

SunEdison has locked Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy (GME) in its acquisition radar, entering into a definitive agreement to acquire 100% of the Central American company. SunEdison will acquire 70% stake in GME from Actis, a global pan-emerging market private equity investor focused on the energy sector, and the remaining 30% stake from Mesoamerica Power Limited.

Through this acquisition SunEdison will control 243 MW of operational and 326 MW of under-development wind energy capacity across Central America, and will also gain control over 82 MW of operational solar power capacity.

This is simply the latest in a number of significant investments for SunEdison this year. In May, the company announced that it acquired 757 MW of operating wind, solar, and hydropower projects and 1,918 MW of Third Party Right of First Offer (ROFO) Projects across Brazil, China, India, South Africa, Peru, and Uruguay. And a few days back, the company announced the acquisition of Continuum Wind Energy, an India-based renewable energy independent power producer adding 1.4 GW of operational and under-development wind energy capacity.

Appreciate CleanTechnica’s originality? Consider becoming a CleanTechnica Member, Supporter, Technician, or Ambassador — or a patron on Patreon.

 
 
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.

Written By

Smiti works as a senior solar engineer at a reputed engineering and management consultancy. She has conducted due diligence of several solar PV projects in India and Southeast Asia. She has keen interest in renewable energy, green buildings, environmental sustainability, and biofuels. She currently resides in New Delhi, India.

Comments

#1 most loved electric vehicle, solar energy, and battery news & analysis site in the world.

 

Support our work today!

Advertisement

Power CleanTechnica: $3/Month

Tesla News Solar News EV News Data Reports

Advertisement

EV Sales Charts, Graphs, & Stats

Advertisement

Our Electric Car Driver Report

30 Electric Car Benefits

Tesla Model 3 Video

Renewable Energy 101 In Depth

solar power facts

Tesla News

EV Reviews

Home Efficiency

You May Also Like

Clean Power

The Indian subsidiary of Finnish utility Fortum has joined the long queue of Indian solar power developers looking to sell their assets. According to...

Clean Power

Leading Indian renewable energy developers are facing a liquidity crunch due to the COVID 19-induced nationwide lockdown and increased competition from emerging players. The...

Clean Power

Yet another Indian renewable energy company has sold off a part of its portfolio to raise funds. The latest transaction comes at a time...

Clean Power

Atlas Renewable Energy has adopted NEXTracker’s TrueCapture orientation software for several new solar projects in Latin America, while retrofits are in the works for...

Copyright © 2021 CleanTechnica. The content produced by this site is for entertainment purposes only. Opinions and comments published on this site may not be sanctioned by and do not necessarily represent the views of CleanTechnica, its owners, sponsors, affiliates, or subsidiaries.