In case you missed it, CleanTechnica is an official media partner of the upcoming Renewable Cities forum in Vancouver. Nearly a month ago, I noted some great new forum speakers. I’ve got several more big names to share now. Also, CleanTechnica readers now get 10% off the entry fee to the forum with this code: Cleantechnica100RE.
One of the newly announced speakers is Mark Z. Jacobson, a Stanford University professor and a co-founder of The Solutions Project. If you’ve been reading about cleantech for awhile, I’m sure you know who this is and how great he is. One of his newest projects is the development of a 100% renewable energy plan for every US state. He also co-wrote an epic piece in 2009 about the fact that the world could go 100% renewable with current technology.
We’ve written about Jacobson or his work many times. He was actually #5 on my list of top cleantech champions, and he has even been invited to the Late Show with David Letterman to talk renewable energy. Find much more about and from Mark here.
Other new speakers, with the following descriptions coming from Renewable Cities, include:
- Robert Ferry & Elizabeth Monoian, Co-Founders, Land Art Generator Initiative: design and construct public art installations that have the added benefit of utility-scale clean energy generation
- Jose Etcheverry, Associate Professor, York University: is a climate change and renewable energy researcher, with emphasis on policy and communications, and has contributed to a solar catamaran project in British Columbia
- Myriem Touhami, Energy Finance Program Manager, UNEP: is an international expert on removing barriers to renewable energy finance
- Brock Carlton, Chief Executive Officer, Federation of Canadian Municipalities: has led FCM for 20 years, driving municipalities to sustainable development
- Sean Magee, Director, Community Renewable Projects, Bullfrog Power: trained by Al Gore, he accelerates RE development in Canada and has 10 years of experience as an educator and communicator
You can learn more about other Renewable Cities speakers here. It’s an awesome list, and will surely get even better in the coming weeks.
And you can register here. (Don’t forget to use “Cleantechnica100RE” as the discount code.)
Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
Former Tesla Battery Expert Leading Lyten Into New Lithium-Sulfur Battery Era — Podcast:
I don't like paywalls. You don't like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it! We just don't like paywalls, and so we've decided to ditch ours. Unfortunately, the media business is still a tough, cut-throat business with tiny margins. It's a never-ending Olympic challenge to stay above water or even perhaps — gasp — grow. So ...