Published on October 12th, 2014 | by Sponsored Content7
Is The Path To Cutting Carbon Emissions In The Palm of Your Hand?
October 12th, 2014 by Sponsored Content
TripGo*. It’s a simple concept. Provide people with an app that lowers individual transportation emissions by efficiently coordinating, navigating, and planning travel routes. Yet it’s a very real, available technology solution in line with the findings in last month’s report, A Global High Shift Scenario, published by the University of California, Davis, and the Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP).
“More than $100 trillion in cumulative public and private spending, and 1,700 megatons of annual carbon dioxide (CO2)—a 40 percent reduction of urban passenger transport emissions—could be eliminated by 2050 if the world expands public transportation, walking and cycling in cities,” A Global High Shift Scenario states.
The technology- and sustainability-oriented team at Sydney, Australia-based SkedGo, the makers of TripGo, wholeheartedly agree with the need to encourage cleaner public transportation options, smart cars, bicycle usage, etc.
But they’d like to see the shift happening much quicker than 2050 — and are quite literally putting the power in the hands of individuals to automatically create carbon smart travel choices.
To date, over 500,000 users have downloaded the app, which automatically plans trips to, from, and between events in your calendar, intelligently proposing the best connections. It also personalizes trips according to transport preferences.
Additional TripGo features include:
- Real-time public transport information.
- Door-to-door options for easy comparison on price, time and environmental impact – including public transport, taxi and bike share.
- Trip planners according to your transport preferences.
- Get reminders for your upcoming planned trips
- Public transport pricing.
- Tolls and car park information.
- Taxi fares.
- Search for points of interest and businesses.
- Save trips to calendar.
- Open from Apple Maps.
- Launch turn by turn navigation.
- Universal for iPhone and iPad.
TripGo supports the following modes of transport:
- Public transport: buses, ferries, subways, trains, trams
- Shuttle services
To learn more, download the app, or see if TripGo is available in your city: http://skedgo.com/tripgo
*This article was generously sponsored by TripGo.
Follow CleanTechnica on Google News.
It will make you happy & help you live in peace for the rest of your life.