In the latest TalkSolar/CleanTechnica podcast, Beth Bond talked with Dr. Stephen A. Smith, who has led the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) as its executive director since 1993. Dr. Smith also serves on numerous boards and committees, including:
- the US Climate Action Network (on board of directors, previously served as board chair);
- Tennessee Valley Authority’s Regional Energy Resource Council, which advises the TVA Board of Directors on energy resource activities in the Tennessee Valley region.
He has also served on:
- the North Carolina Legislative Commission on Global Climate Change;
- the North Carolina Climate Action Planning Advisory Group;
- the South Carolina Climate, Energy and Commerce Advisory Committee;
- State of Florida Energy Supply and Demand Committee of the state Climate Action Team;
- the national governing board for the Center for Resource Solutions’ National Green Power Accreditation;
- the US Department of Energy, Tennessee Valley Electric System Advisory Committee.
Dr. Smith makes many key points that need to be repeated, repeated, repeated, and repeated. And Beth does a wonderful job leading the conversation. A lot of time is spent on my home state of Florida, which I found very interesting (and depressing), as well as Georgia, which installed more solar power in 2013 than Florida installed in the past 3 years, as Dr. Smith noted. There are actually a lot of money quotes. Check out this short podcast and share with others!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica? Want to advertise? Want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
CleanTechnica Holiday Wish Book
Our Latest EVObsession Video
CleanTechnica uses affiliate links. See our policy here.