Published on February 8th, 2014 | by Zachary Shahan14
Elon Musk & Tesla CTO JB Straubel Answer Questions In Amsterdam (VIDEO)
February 8th, 2014 by Zachary Shahan
Tesla CEO Elon Musk and CTO JB Straubel recently stopped into Amsterdam for a 1-hour townhall meeting with Tesla Model S owners and enthusiasts. A video of the meeting was recorded (natch) and is embedded above.
Questions related to navigation, charging in Belgium, vehicle-to-grid technology and plans, song availability in Europe, solar + Tesla, and much more. Some key notes, imho, include:
- Tesla is now installing close to one Supercharger per day!
- Tesla Superchargers are projected to get up to a 135 kW level soon (a bit more than the ~2 kW a typical house uses at one time).
- Elon and Tesla’s CTO think “smart conductive charging” is going to win out over inductive charging, largely due to efficiency issues, but they’ve had numerous conversations about this.
- Version 6.0 software with “real-time” traffic information and better suspension control is coming soon (probably within the month).
- The San Francisco to Los Angeles battery-swapping service is supposed to be up within a few months.
If anything else in the video is particularly interesting to you, feel free to chime in below!
Buy a cool T-shirt or mug in the CleanTechnica store!
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech daily newsletter or weekly newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.