Published on January 3rd, 2014 | by Zachary Shahan6
Is Tesla Looking To Sell “SEXY” Brand?
January 3rd, 2014 by Zachary Shahan
We all know the phrase — “sex sells.” I saw an interesting comment a month or so ago noting that, if Tesla’s next model is the Tesla Model E (which is widely assumed to be the case due to a trademark request for “Model E” filed last year), Tesla’s three models would then spell out S-E-X.
However, even beyond that, I also found out about a week ago that Tesla already has the trademark for “Model Y.” So, the “only logical conclusion” here is that Tesla is looking to develop a “SEXY” brand, right? (But who didn’t already know that?)
For some background, here are some stories on the Model X:
- Tesla’s Model X Pushed Back 1 Year, Now Due In Late 2014
- Tesla Model X Falcon-Wing Doors — Patent Requested
- Elon Musk Making $1 Tesla Salary, But $4.3 Million On Model X
- Electric Luxury SUV that Accelerates to 60 MPH in 4.4
- 500 Tesla Model X Reservations in First 4 Days
And here are some stories on the Model E:
- Tesla’s More-Affordable 4th Production Model To Be Released By 2017
- Tesla’s Next Electric Car To Be The Tesla Model E? (Trademark Request Filed)
- Tesla Model E Likely To Be Revealed At Detroit Auto Show 2015
And I’ll open up comments on what the Model Y would be.
Of course, you know what they say about assumptions, but wouldn’t that just play into the story further?… I think I’ll shut my mouth now.
Drive an electric car? Complete one of our short surveys for our next electric car report.
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.